Menu
any advice???
Oct 24, 2006 23:00
i'll be travelling to guilin in dec. welcome any advice on clothing, local attractions and choice of souvenirs.
Oct 25, 2006 14:14
  • IAMCANADIAN
hey are you just going to guilin anywhere else? guilin has lots of sight seeing thats all i know lol i went there once for only 3 dyas so i wont know much guangzhuo is a good place to go
Oct 25, 2006 19:48
  • MAY001
Travel to Guilin in Dec. is not a good idea. Li River will be in low water...
Oct 25, 2006 21:31
  • KSWONG
I will be in Guilin around late Jan. I understand it's all misty
and cloudy skies. Will spend a better part of my time in
Yangshuo which is supposedly more picturesque?
Nov 11, 2006 20:58
thanks for your infor.. i'll be flying in to Nanning then Yangshou and Guilin.. love nature so guess i've made the right choice. wait for my lovely pictures. ta..
Nov 11, 2006 21:00
well, juz hope for the best.. thanks.
Nov 11, 2006 23:49
  • CHYNAGYRL
you should visit Yangshuo. there's a boat cruise there down the Lijiang River from Guilin to Yangshuo. It's a pretty touristy place, but it's beautiful and I think you'll like it. Good souvenirs to buy are traditional outfits made by the ethnic minorities living in the area (Dong, Miao), but make sure you bargain. There is fantastic hand-made silver jewelry as well (with interesting designs), if you are traveling with a female or want to bring someone a gift back home. Another souvenir you might consider is artwork. There is a lot of Chinese calligraphy on scrolls, but myself, I liked the oil paintings. In China, nowadays fusion art is pretty hot -- its a combination of traditional ink painting with the vibrancy of Western materials and technique -- oil or acrylic. I saw some really nice large paintings of Guilin that were on sale in an art store there.
You can also take a cooking class in Yangshuo, there's a lot of neat things you can do there.
Have fun!
Sep 2, 2007 20:23
  • DANCER50
Wish you where going in fall. We are going in Oct to Guilin, Yangshou, Longsheng, Sanjiang and then I am looking for a travel companion to travel in Yunnan for a week then on to Yantze River Cruise then onto 9 days in Tibet and back to Beijing to fly out on Nov 1st. I am older female too -- too bad timing is not the same:(
Post a Reply to: any advice???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code