Menu
Need to extend my visa while in China
Oct 25, 2006 21:03
I got my Chinese Visa from the embassy in US good for 30 days. Later, when I made my airline reservation I had to take flights giving me 36 days in China. I will be in Beijing 7 days, Xian 3 days, Shanghai 4 days, Guilin 3 days, Yangshou 3 days, Guangzhou 3 days, and Zhongshan 5 days and back to Beijing for 4 days. My guidebooks say you can get an extension quicker in smaller towns and not have to wait a week. Rough Guide to China says: "In some small towns charges might be waived and the procedure take only 10 minutes. In large cities it can take up to a week. The worst is Beijing and Shanghai." Is this true? Should I bite the bullet and do it in Beijing on entry or gamble and see if I can get it done later? Anybody have experience renewing in smaller towns? Thanks to all you wonderful people who have helped me thus far. I look forward to your "words of wisdom."
Oct 26, 2006 04:04
Hi, if your itinerary is fixed on the return date, you should reapply your visa for a longer period in US. Having said so, you are considering a longer stay at the end of the trip in Beijing, and could always get an extension here with no problem. Look me up if you need help with lodgings and visa extensions in Beijing.
May
comfortbj.com
Oct 26, 2006 06:30
  • JABAROOTOO
I doubt that you will get such quick response to visa extension in small cities. They would not be accostomed to doing this or may even have to apply to the provincial capital anyway.

You are not actually visiting any smaller towns so thi sis not realy an option. You don't rally have thtime to waste 5/7 days getting an extension.

Suggest you reapply with your tour itinerary and a copy of your flight details for atwo month visa!!!!!

Always good to apply for a little longer than you need just in case the unforseen happens like it did for you.

Good luck.
Jan 30, 2008 14:13
GUESTCUBE can i extend my visa in china and how much
Feb 24, 2008 01:12
  • ELLYSE
Yes, you can. Cost would depend on your nationality.
Sep 27, 2008 19:18
GUEST14151 in dalian where do i have to go to extend my visa
Oct 25, 2008 10:45
  • ELLYSE
Look for the appropriate Exit-Entry PSB office. Maybe try the one at 16 Yan'an Lu.
Feb 2, 2009 21:12
GUEST61224 I LIVE IN GUANGZHOU ..WHERE I CAN EXTEND MY VISA
Feb 4, 2009 22:23
  • ELLYSE
Try the Entry-Exit Bureau of the PSB. I think it's at 155 Jiefang Nanlu.
Mar 5, 2009 01:03
GUEST15930 i will need to extend my tourist visa in yangshou, is it possible here?? any help would be gratefully received!
Mar 5, 2009 01:18
  • ELLYSE
I suspect not. You might have to go to Guangzhou or Guilin.
Page 1 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Need to extend my visa while in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code