Menu
Christmas in China
Oct 27, 2006 04:42
  • RUCHITSPL
Arrival of winter marks the celebration of Christmas in China. People decorate their homes with dazzling Christmas lights, beautiful Christmas tree and mouth watering Christmas recipes. But, Christmas celebrations in China are simply incomplete without beautiful Christmas gifts. People exchange beautiful Christmas gifts with each other. These Christmas gift are the ideal way to express your love and care to the loved ones,

Christmas celebrations signify spreading and happiness to the loved ones. In China, people begin their Christmas celebrations with beautiful Christmas decorations. Christmas decorations usually incorporate lighting houses, using beautiful paper lanterns, paper flowers and lanterns. Small kids in China hang stockings for Dun Che Lao Ren alias Santa Claus. They eagerly wait for his arrival.

Another major highlight of Christmas celebrations are the local festivals in China. People participate in this festival. According to Chinese tradition, people go to Church. In China, the most important winter festival is Spring Festival. During this festival, children are gifted new clothes, mouth-watering meal, small toys and firecracker. Worshipping ancestors is the major part of this festival.
Merry Christmas!!!!
Oct 27, 2006 21:46
  • LEMONCACTUS
Christmas...!!

It's only October, we haven't had Halloween or Bonfire Night yet... I love Christmas but don't want to think about it just now.

Go to this link for a Christmas Countdown: http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html
Oct 28, 2006 00:53
  • CALIFORNIA
I looking forward to celebrating Christmas this year......
Nov 2, 2006 22:02
  • PEA28COCK
Quote:Another major highlight of Christmas celebrations are the local festivals in China. People participate in this festival. According to Chinese tradition, people go to Church.

As far as I know, Christmas has been accepted by Chinese for only a few years. And what's more only a small group of Chinese, especially young people, would like to celebrate this western festival in our homeland.

It is not a very popular festival in China.
Nov 3, 2006 00:18
  • EXLIFE
it seems that more and more chinese people began to celebrate christmas especially for those young people who like that kind of atmosphere on christmas. on Chrismas, friends will get together for a celebration and it is also provide a good reason for us to rejoice with wild excitement. however, for Spring Festiva, it is the time to go back home and share seven days with your parents or children whose voice may only be heard through telephones in other days of the year. in my opinion, christmas will never gain so much importance as the Spring Festival, because the latter shows us a sence of love whenever any chinese people mention it all over the world.

Nov 3, 2006 00:25
  • CALIFORNIA
I usually celebrate every festival of different countries,haha!
Nov 4, 2006 02:17
  • SOMEGUY
Quote: According to Chinese tradition, people go to Church. In China, the most important winter festival is Spring Festival.

Personally, I like my spring festivals in Autumn...
Nov 12, 2006 01:15
  • XIEJIANFA
It would be wonderful if I could spend a christmas holiday in China one of these days.
Dec 2, 2008 14:32
GUEST61681 What is the Date of Christmas in China?
Dec 3, 2008 11:57
  • ELLYSE
Same as anywhere else in the world, except it's not a public holiday here.
Post a Reply to: Christmas in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code