Menu
return from Beijing
Oct 31, 2006 04:01
  • BIGZ
I returned from our Beijing trip on Monday night, and although are still fighting the jet lag and time change, feel it is all worth it. I will never forget the breathtaking view at Simatai.My friend told me that In China you are not a man until you have been to the Great Wall. We found out there that the Great Walls are not one big wall anymore, but several separated parts of Great Walls. If you want to visit it you have to choose which part you want to see. We decided on Simatai the furthest one.It is magnificent! It worthed the entire job we had to go through to reach there (it took us over 4 hours, from Beijing). We went up to the tower #7. It's not easy, there are some steeps of 70 degrees; you'll get weary when you reach the top, but more than happy to be there, seeing that view. Breathtaking, literally. It was definitely one of the top attractions of our travel.
Everything about the trip was just great! Accommodations, itinerary, and food all exceeded my expectations.Experiencing the famous Beijing Duck at Hepingmen Roasted Duck Restaurant made me know why the meal is famous: quite delicious.And the Capital Hotel http://www.86hotels.com booked for me is comfortable and convenient for sightseeing. Unfortunately, we had so little time there, and left the city willing to come back someday.
Oct 31, 2006 21:19
  • CALIFORNIA
You should write a review:-)
Nov 6, 2006 19:58
  • XIEJIANFA
Ha ha. at least you've reached the top of the world when you're climbing the Great Wall. Any interesting comments about the Forbidden City?
Nov 7, 2006 20:28
  • GERALDINE
Totally agree with you, went to Simitai to experience a real wall encounter and as you say although it was extremely challenging there was a feeling that you had the entire world at your feet, weary feet, but still at your feet. Next trip back I will do it again, but this time I might try a another part of the wall as well, just to see if this feeling is particular to Simitai or if all great Wall encounters give you the same feeling.
Nov 7, 2006 22:32
  • XIEJIANFA
Well, what are you waiting for , my friend? Write a review about your trip as what California suggested!Ha ha just pulling your legs. I'm a hypocrite myself( Ha..ha..).Though I made a visit to Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou,Wuxi and Nanjing in June 2006, no reviews of mine have materialise yet. Written half way though. Now am doing my homework for my visit to Beijing this 18 till 27 Nov. Till then, take care. Stay happy always.
Nov 8, 2006 03:01
  • CONNY129
why not upload some pictures?
Post a Reply to: return from Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code