Menu
Suzhou--worth it?
Nov 5, 2006 13:47
  • JONIINCHINA
I'm new and don't think my previous post went through! Anyway, I'm going to be in Hangzhou and was planning to leave Sun a.m. to go to Wuzhen, spend the day there, and either go to Suzhou in the evening or first thing in the morning. Then, spend Monday day in Souzhou and take a train back to Shanghai on Monday evening. Is this do-able? Besides the gardens, what else does Suzhou have to offer that Wuzhen and Hangzhou don't? Just wondering if I can do Zuzhou in a day. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Nov 12, 2006 03:57
  • ELLYSE
If you're selective about what you visit, sure, why not?
- Hanshan Temple (be there and get out before 0900, which is when it gets stormed by all the tour groups)
- Tiger Hill
- Coiled Gate
- Suzhou Museum
- Suzhou Silk Museum
Have not named any gardens, since that was what you specified.
Dec 20, 2009 20:58
  • REALSUZHOU
Though this is an old post, I'm sure still many of you have such question. Let me give some ideas from a local's perspective.

Okay, if in short, I have one sentence for you to figure out a general concept of this town. Suzhou, more than 2500 years history, is a city where you will be amazed to feel the different levels of time and development happening simultaneously, both old and new, peace and vitality, ancient and contemporary all at once.

Post a Reply to: Suzhou--worth it?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code