Menu
Car Rent in Sanya
Nov 7, 2006 06:27
  • ANDYGO
Hello all,

I wonder if I can rent a car in Sanya. How much does it usually cost? Is gas expensive in Hainan? Is it easy to get from Sanya to Haikou by car?

Also can we find a guide for a fair price? Maybe a student or person who would like to practise English or something?

I will appriciate your answers. Thank you in advance,
Andy
Nov 7, 2006 06:56
  • APAULT
Sure you can rent a car if you have Chinese driver's licence, otherwise you will need to get a car with a driver. Petrol is a little more expensive than on the mainland but still cheap at about Y5 a litre. (50c US)

It is easy to drive between Sanya and Haikou. There are good quality roads on the east and the west sides of the island..in effect making a full circuit around the island. There is also one through the centre, south to north going through the mountains, more interesting but much slower.

If no-one comes forward to act as a guide, email me at gmail.com|apault and I may be able to help you find one
Nov 7, 2006 22:49
  • XIEJIANFA
Talking about students/teenagers who approach you on the pretext of wanting to learn or polish up their English at any places in China esp in the cities like Shanghai or Beijing, BEWARE!!! If you accept their offer, they will take you to a shop or fancy restaurant and start to order drinks/beer, fruits , snacks or whatever. You may think that he/she is treating you. Then finally, the waiter will come to you with a bill with the price as high as the Oriental Pearl Tower ( in Shanghai) and mind you, you will open your mouth wide in a shock!(hope you are not prone to heart attack) Then our learn-to-speak English friend might have disappeared. They sort of team-up with the shop or waiter to fleece you in broad daylight! So please be careful. Just tell them you are in a hurry ,meeting up with a friend and just walk away. ALL YOU GUYS OUT THERE HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Jul 15, 2010 04:09
GUEST47101 yup, that happened to me. RMB3K bill. i complained for 2 hours to the shop and bill reduced to 1.5K.
Then i complained to the Shanghai consumer dept, and got back another 0.8K. Still its RMB 0.7K. Could have gone for a high end restaurant for that.
Jul 16, 2010 00:24
  • SOPHIAWU
There's that kind of person in everywhere.But I think we still need to believe that there's good guide in the world. There's somebody who are pursing for happiness from helping other people,but not from MONEY.
Be postive and be happy when your are traveling. Welcome to Hainan and I will be hapy if you love this place.
hehe
Post a Reply to: Car Rent in Sanya
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code