Menu
Big Dog
Nov 10, 2006 00:06
  • JOYDEEP
Hi All!!!!

This is Joydeep again. I have another question. :-)
Well, we have a pet dog(Alsatian, German Shepherd Dog) in our house in India. Before we came here, we left the dog at our parent's place. Now my wife wants to bring the dog here in Dalian. But I don't see any big dog here. Only little dogs. I have talked to some people here. None of them has a big dog like Alsatian or Doberman. Why is so? Is it restricted here in Dalian to have a pet dog like Alsatian? Should we or should not we bring the dog here?
Please reply as soon as possible. My wife is worrying very much about her dog!!!

Thanks,
Joy Deep

Nov 10, 2006 00:31
  • RITA
Hi Joydeep,

According to the newly published(Oct 14, 2006) regulations on pet dogs, Dalian government does not allow to have 'aggressive' or 'big' dogs. They have detailed explanation of the defination of 'aggressive'or'big', but whatever the defination is, yours is indeed a big dog from your description.

Here is the complete Regulation page(in Chinese): http://pet86.com/?action_viewnews_itemid_679.html
Nov 10, 2006 00:39
  • JOYDEEP
Hi Rita,

Thanks for your reply. I am feeling really sad for my dog.

Thanks,
Joydeep
(Deeply thinking how to say this news to his wife!!!!)
Nov 10, 2006 00:45
  • RITA
I'm sorry, JoyDeep. Maybe you should ask for more info from locals before telling this to your wife?! The info i got was from the internet, you should ask or call the right person/unit to make sure.

(If there are rules, there must be exceptions, i suppose. I love dogs too, esp big ones:D.)
Oct 20, 2007 16:59
GUESTBAILEY hi i was wondering what i need to have or do for my 2 and half lb chihuahua to travel with me to china, shanghai, thanks!
Post a Reply to: Big Dog
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code