Menu
sharing job search experience in China
Oct 25, 2004 17:00
  • DEBBY
Let's start sharing our experience in job searching in China. I'm searching a job in one of the major cities of China, anybody ideas or advice?
Oct 26, 2004 08:34
  • RMAYEKAR
Hey Debby, welcome to the forum. I know that "That's Magazine" has some job postings on its website. This is an English language magazine that services Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou. Go to www.thatsbeijing.com for starters. They have a "classified" section that lists job opportunities. I know that many of them are teaching english jobs but there are some different ones once in a while. Hope that helps.

What kinds of jobs have you come across? I am interested too!
Oct 30, 2004 18:51
  • DEBBY
Thank you RMAYEKAR!
I looking for a job other than teaching English. And that is not really easy to find. I'm from Europe and able to speak many languages.

RMAYEKAR: from which country are you from?

Are there other persons from Europe or elsewhere searching a job in China, we might be able to help each other.
Nov 1, 2004 10:32
  • DAISY
Most foreigners is working in China as the language teachers in campus. Also you can apply and emply a preferable, better and your favourite one according to your hobby and major, with the same even advantage opportunity as Chinese.

Good Luck ^_^
Nov 12, 2004 12:24
  • WWW8343090
I AM A SHANGHAINESE.
if you`re speaking english as native language.
i will offer you an easy job.ten days ,2 hours a day i will pay you 1000 RMB.your job is just chatting with me in this 2 hours,never stop.20 hours 1000 RMB, JUST MOVE YOUR LIP,I THINK YOU WILL NOT REFUSE.IF Y WANG TO HELP ME,I WILL THANK YOU SINCERELY.
MSN :HOTMAIL.COM|WUYUREN8343090
Dec 6, 2004 21:58
  • TOMVP
HI I believe I am in same situation as you:

I am a supply chain management and SAP consultant with a master of law degree and an MBA at EDHEC-THESEUS as educational background.

I speak fluently English, French and Dutch and I have relatively good notions of German and Spanish. My career goal in the long run is to end up with a first-class company in Shanghai as consultant, sales liason, business developer or other...

Since I do not speak Chinese yet it is indead not easy to start jobhunting in China. And I do not even require expat-position since my girlfriends family lives in Shanghai...
Dec 6, 2004 22:01
  • TOMVP
by the way: you can contact me on hotmail.com|Tomslistening
Post a Reply to: sharing job search experience in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code