Menu
travel to HK to change visa
Nov 14, 2006 01:17
  • TAMARA
hello,
i have to visit HK to change my visa,is it difficult to organise?what kind of unexpected problems i can face?how to get HK from Hangzhou, the easiest way.Thanks!!!
Nov 14, 2006 07:06
  • JABAROOTOO
The cheapest way to HK is across the border from Shenzhen at the LuoHu border crossing, then take the train into Kawloon where you can visit one of many Travel service centres which take care of visa renewals for almost everyone.

You need to get there before midday for same day service - ready by 6.00 pm but you can pay a little extra as I did to get same day service.

There should be no problem if you have an invitation to work for a recognised or autherized 'work unit' or school.

All the best
Nov 15, 2006 17:52
  • APAULT
Alternatively you can go to Macau. I did this as it is generally cheaper than HK, tho it might take a day extra. As Jabaroo says, you can do this trough the travel agents, you can't go far wrong with CITS. A tourist visa is normally no problem and they will issue 3 month visas. I say 'normally' because we had a thread here some weeks back where someone was experiencing problems returning to China. In my case I had previously held a Z visa, got the two week 'tourist' visa that is not really a tourist visa (!) that they issue on completeion of a Z, and that is normally not extendable. I did manage a 7 day extension (and a telling off by the officer in Shanghai) then applied through Hong Kong (from Macau) - no problem!
Post a Reply to: travel to HK to change visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code