Menu
Where are the Cave dwellers villages near Xian?
Nov 14, 2006 22:08
  • IRENEADAM
I am travelling to Xi'an on Thursday 16th November and I have heard about the cave dwellers villages. Can anybody help me with the names of these villages or directions to how to find them? Thank you. Irene
Nov 15, 2006 19:16
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Iren

I think you should go to Yan'an,about 6 hours by bus,in the north of Xi'an!

Cave House was usually happened in the north Shaanxi province!

Good luck!
Nov 16, 2006 16:16
  • MMCAT
o, i've been there, it's really something. the cave is very comfortable to live in. cool in summer and warm in winter. and i tasted the MOST DELICIOUS apples i ever tasted in northern shaanxi, in a small village beside the yellow river. i never had apples so sweet and so juicy anywhere else. the apples were colorful too: red, yellow, green, green+red, all so tasty..
Nov 17, 2006 08:55
  • FAERIEQUEENE
which village is that ? I remembered last year when we were on the 'highway' up the Loess Plateau and stopped on the way. A bunch of villagers walked up the slope to catch us up, women with baskets loaded with apples surrounded us, like an episode in snow white...

i stayed at a cave styled hotel in Yan'an
Nov 20, 2006 11:31
  • MMCAT
gee, sounds scary... and i bet the apples could be toxic if you don't wash em carefully, ha!

i don't really know where the village is, but the apples were carried in carts, not baskets. hehe
Jul 15, 2009 21:23
  • ANDY2008
[quote=MMCAT ,34373]gee, sounds scary... and i bet the apples could be toxic if you don't wash em carefully, ha! i don't really know where the village is, but the apples were carried in carts, not baskets. hehe[/quote]

I think that there may well be pesticide on the surface of apples and you'd better pare it.
Post a Reply to: Where are the Cave dwellers villages near Xian?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code