Menu
China Trip help going it alone
Nov 26, 2006 13:55
  • RICDELADOBE
We plan on a 2007 trip and not using a tour.What advice can you give us. Using local guides or any advice on traveling to Tibet also, I read you need a guide to go to Tibet. any advice for Tibet ?

Thanks Richard Rickard 66yrs old and wife
Nov 26, 2006 17:07
  • APAULT
Richard. I think it would help if you can give some indication of how you like to travel and your budget. Do you want to fly and use tourist hotels or are you making a backpack visit and prefer to mix it with the locals, or soemthing in between perhaps. Do you want to visit just the tourist sights or ...well what do you have in mind?
Nov 27, 2006 15:03
  • RICDELADOBE
I think we would use the trains & some airlines. We would like to stay in hotels with a private bath , does not have to be a tourist hotel but nice , fairly modern and clean. Too old to backpack and no budget. But close to first class. Will visit some tourist sights, but we like small villages and county side, not big cities.Use local guides and drivers. Tibet is a must.
Thanks Apaut
Nov 27, 2006 19:33
  • TEKNOMED
It is easy to travel China on your own. You need to know a bit of the language as most people in the street do not speak English. However the hotel staff do speak and understand English. You can book your train or air tickets as well as local tours from the Hotel you stay in. There are a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels in big cities. In smaller cities there are comfortable 3 star hotels which are modern and clean. Enjoy your tour in China
Post a Reply to: China Trip help going it alone
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code