Menu
Help!
Nov 30, 2006 01:39
Does anyoneone know reliable travel agencies in Xian? I am longing for a vist to Jiuzhaigou. I hope it is cheap. Any recommendation is appreciated!
Nov 30, 2006 03:56
  • MAY001
You are in Xian and want to go to Jiuzhaigou, right? TravelChinaGuide is a reliable travel agency based in Xian, I believe.
Nov 30, 2006 07:13
  • JABAROOTOO
Not much cheap about Juizhaigou. Public transport by bus is the cheapest. Entry fee is high and unless you stay in the park (supposedly no longer allowed but still happening) most accommodation is pretty upmarket.

If you go with a tour you will be rushed as still pay a lot. Try and go independatly if you can. Read all the tips and reviews. There's plenty here to help you out otherwise try TCG at least you will get reliable and good quality service.
Dec 5, 2006 02:06
  • ELLYSE
In this season the direct flights for Xi'an -- Jiuzhaigou are not running, so you'd have to fly via Chengdu.
Don't join any tours, they might look cheap but you'll get a terrible experience. I've read Chinese articles detailing what really goes on behind closed doors with these tours -- how they really cut costs at the expense of the tourists on them.
What you want is just someone to help you book the flights and hotel if you're not confident about doing it yourself, enjoying the gorgeous scenery of Jiuzhaigou would be much better without the encumberance of a tour guide.
You might like to contact John at yahoo.com.cn|johnqingg2004 and ask him to help. He's a reliable ticket agent recommended by a friend of mine who's teaching English in Xi'an.
Dec 8, 2006 00:20
Thank all! I've changed my mind for I heard some spots in Jiuzhaigou are closed though the ticket price is cheap. I will go somewhere else instead~~~
Dec 8, 2006 14:21
  • ELLYSE
Closed? Where did you hear that?
Dec 8, 2006 21:18
  • YINMEI
You could take the overnight train from Xian to Chongqing to have a look at the city,then transfer the cruise ship down the river to tour Yangtze three gorges and new dam site.
Dec 9, 2006 17:25
  • ELLYSE
So what does that have to do with seeing Jiuzhaigou or getting there?
Dec 12, 2006 21:03
I don't mean Jiuzhaigou is closed. Only some spots in the area are not open to the public at this season. The ticket price is much cheaper than that in high season.
Dec 15, 2006 07:37
  • ELLYSE
So where did you hear that? Care to give us more concrete information to look up?
Dec 19, 2006 04:05
sorry, only told by other people. This news needs to be assured!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code