Menu
How to get to Wuhan?
Dec 1, 2006 06:07
Hi! i am looking at travel alternatives to travel from Shanghai to Wuhan in late december and I was hoping if anyone could suggest any interesting ways besides flying there. I was thinking of either a train journey or flying there - which would be easier/better? And where would i go to book tickets if I were to go via train? Thanks!
Dec 1, 2006 10:13
  • YINMEI
Hi Dragonfly,

I suggest that at first you could fly from Shanghai to Chongqing then take the cruise ship down the river to Yichang to tour amazing Yangtze three gorges and new dam site,afterwards you could take the bus from Yichang to Wuhan for about 4hrs through the highway.It would be interesting way for you.
The train from Shanghai to Wuhan takes 20hrs,K11 departs at 16:23pm from Shanghai railway station and arrives in Hankou railway station at 12:20pm.The hard sleeper is RMB272;soft sleeper is RMB429.
reach yahoo.com.cn|jimmy_yj88 for more info.

Cheers!
Dec 3, 2006 19:36
  • CALIFORNIA
Why not choose a ferry???

It's interesting!!!
Dec 5, 2006 01:17
  • ELLYSE
If you don't want to spend that long on the train, flying might be a better idea.
If you could tell me more specifically what your travel dates are like I could probably try to check out the discounted flight prices for you, I'm studying in Shanghai and frequently help travellers out.
You might like to email me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 as I check that more often than I do this forum. Please put "TravelChinaGuide DRAGONFLY1811" in the subject line so that I don't junk your email by mistake.
Post a Reply to: How to get to Wuhan?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code