Menu
Apartments in Xiamen
Dec 1, 2006 23:28
  • RAWSUSHI
I'm in the process of finalizing a position Xiamen.

I understand the office to be 'downtown' and I speak Mandarin fluently.

I'd like to know about the different places I can choose from. I'm with my wife & two sons (6 and 3)...

Having lived in Taiwan and Shanghai for many years... I don't want to live in 'expat' housing ...

Suggestions as to areas to look in ?? Any links to Chinese websites with listings? Thanks in advance
Dec 5, 2006 02:02
  • ELLYSE
It would be ideal to be located close to your workplace so that you don't get stuck unnecessarily much in traffic jams commuting each day.
A better idea would be to stay in a hotel or serviced apartment to start with, while looking for suitable long-term accommodation. Always preview the unit before you agree to anything! Ask colleagues if they have good recommendations for property agents.
Apr 5, 2008 08:18
GUEST35136 I am an Italian boy who lives in the city of from two months. When I decide to come here to work I had no idea how to find a home and accommodation, as the company for which I will working had no solution for me. Fortunately few days leaving I found this blog and I managed to contact the real-estate Amoy. I explained my problem and within two days they proposed my two hotels in which to stay the first night. The next morning I saw several apartments, at least 6, all very nice and in various areas of the city, and between them I chose my (which also put photos), I have also helped in negotiations on the price to give me a good discount on the rent of it.
In the afternoon of that day they accompanied me to the central police station to register, and I must really say that without their assistance I would never succeed, also because no policeman spoke English.
So the Amoy real-estate company is very competent, quick in finding a solution, with employees who speak excellent English and a little Italian, and offering a good service for a really ridiculous price compared with the service they may give you.
What else add.... visit Xiamen because is a beautiful city and if you do it for work, for pleasure or study, contact the Amoy real estate and they will think to make people feel at home!
More more infomation,you can contact with hotmail.com|thatsxiamen.
Apr 5, 2008 22:48
  • APAULT
My, our guest has learnt Chinglish well :)

Oct 6, 2010 07:04
GUESTKEN Im retiring soon and have worked in china on many projects over the years, I vacationed in Xiamen 2 times and loved it. My pension will be good and my wife is chinese. Im still studying on how a retired american can live in china( really dont know legalities) but we will be looking for an apartment and eventually a house. I plan to sell my house in the us so it will be a cash deal for the house. Just trying to get help and info,any help would greatly appreciated. thanks Ken and qun jiao
Dec 8, 2010 21:09
GUEST26159 please get in touch with amoy real estate agent via email:gmail.com|xiamenapartment
Jul 17, 2011 21:39
GUEST10108 we are looking a 2+1 apartment in City center in Xiamen for long term rent.Pls check for us nearest the half island.Will ent some years .
Waiting for your fast response/
thanks and regards
erol alper
Post a Reply to: Apartments in Xiamen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code