Menu
Is Tianjin a good place to study Mandarin?
Dec 10, 2006 19:24
  • CHYNAGYRL
HI EVERYONE!

I have a question. I've been offered a job in Tianjin, but is it a good place to study Mandarin? I heard that they speak a dialect. Currently I speak standard Mandarin (kind of like Taiwan mandarin) Can I learn to speak standard Mandarin in Tianjin -- or will I end up learning a dialect. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Dec 10, 2006 22:07
  • IDSUNNY
Hi.
I think it's Ok if you learn the language for communication.I'd rater call it an accent.Quite close to Beijing Mandarin.
Many of my college classmates speak both standard mandarin and Tianjin dialect, depend on the situation.

Dec 10, 2006 22:10
  • IDSUNNY
BTW it's depend on whom you speak with. Different people speak in different dialects/accents.
Dec 11, 2006 23:29
  • ANTICUTI
Tianjin is a great place to study mandarin! ALL TJ people understand standard Mandarin. Most people speak standard mandarin with a slight Tianjin accent(just like the other friend said, I don't classify it as a dialect).

I was born in Tianjin, speak standark mandarin all my life and i understand most TJ dialect and I think i can speak some if required.
Dec 12, 2006 02:15
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,it's a nice place to study the language!Usually,you'd better study the language in the north of China.

Good luck!
Dec 12, 2006 20:46
  • LOVEISVERB
Basically you can learn Mandarin in many of the northern cities, Tianjin is a nice place with comparatively low cost of living, and it is close to many other interesting places. Tianjin people are very friendly and helpful.
Feb 13, 2007 08:18
  • CIETUT
As a matter of fact, Tianjin is a best place to learn standard Chinese for, as you know, it is adjecent to Beijing and it is preferable for foreigners to study Chinese in the north of China. You'd better visit the website http://www.freewebs.com/chinanorth and/or http://www.tjut.edu.cn/gjjy to learn where to study standard Chinese in China.

Mar 31, 2007 21:48
  • CIETUT
Tianjin, one of the four leading cities in China, is a beautiful city in the middle part of the Chinese coastal areas, backing Yanshan Mountain to its north and facing Bohai Ocean to its east. It is regarded as 'the brilliant pearl of Bohai Ocean" with a warm-temperate semi-humid continental climate, four distinct seasons and beautiful scenery. It is only 120 kilometers from Beijing, the political and cultural center of China, and has the advantage of a significantly lower cost of living than that of nearby Beijing. Together with its pleasant atmosphere and convenient conditions for learning standard Chinese spoken language, Tianjin is an excellent location for international students.

The College of International Education (CIE) at Tianjin University of Technology (TUT) is one of the first group of recommended Chinese-learning institutes by the Ministry of Education of China. The college has excellent teaching facilities, rich data resources and a comfortable learning atmosphere. The teachers of the college are all experienced in teaching Chinese as a foreign language, use flexible teaching methods and have obtained excellent achievements in teaching. The school has been recommended as the first-choice institute in China by various publications for international study both within China and internationally. The university has enrolled international students from more than 30 countries all over the world. The International Student Office of CIE will help the students with application and admission, entry visa, registration, course selection, housing, and residence formalities in China.

gmail.com|cietianjin
eyou.com|cietianjin

Visit the websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/chinanorth
http://www.tjut.edu.cn/gjjy

Mar 13, 2008 19:31
  • SHIMAROFA
hi!

is any foreign student here in tianjin know chinese good here????????
it doesnt matter from which country just a foreigner who know chinese good and live and study in tianjin city.plz do contact me with 13102075574....u can earn money by knowing chinese!!!!!!!!!
Feb 25, 2009 13:44
GUEST50138 ni hao . wo de ming zi or wo jiao Yi sang I am learning Chinese, and I do agree that , learning Chinese in Tianjin is a very good place to star, if you do go there , my friend tolled me that , you should go to north, south , east , west in Chinese school.
Mar 26, 2009 02:28
GUEST19148 Hi I`m Michelle Chao,I live in TJ and good at English and Chinese.My email is hotmail.com|michelle_41_mavs.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is Tianjin a good place to study Mandarin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code