Menu
Is Tianjin a good place to study Mandarin?
May 4, 2009 05:01
GUEST96365 Hi, Tianjin is my home city . I can tell you seriously that this city is a great place to learn mandarin. Of course, the best city to learn Chinese is the capital, but live in Beijing is expansive. And Tianjin is the most close city bisaide Beijing , the accent is verry close to Standard Chinese.

There's an express rail-road between Beijing and Tianjin ,it's just a half hoar away. The number of residents in Tianjin is very high, but it's still less than Beijing. So the price is cheaper, and the life is more confortable.

On the other hand,Tianjin has a long history. There are many intresting place of history,like The Street Of Ancient Cultrue. And in the urban, in the mountain area ,you can find bueatiful natrue.

If you arrived at Tianjin , and if you want to make friend ,you can write a E-mail to me whith the address: 163.com|happy_11403
Mar 15, 2010 08:08
GUESTSOUMIA actually yeah i agree tianjin is a very good place to learn chinese , am a foreigner living in tianjin for one year and i think tianjin accent and not dielect is very close to standard mandarin, no big differencejust some accent, i think is a good palce and life cost is really low comparing to neighboring BEIJING ,,,
Mar 31, 2010 01:41
  • ERNESTZENG
Tianjin local dialect is a bit different. But most people living in Tianjin can speak standard madarin. Living cost is much lower than that in Beijing. Tianjin is good place to taste Chinese traditional culture.
Jan 27, 2011 00:42
GUEST50146 Hi,my name is Cindy,I lived in Tianjin TEDA,if some foreign wants to learn chinese,please contact with us,my email is 126.com|chzhang1984,I can teach for free.
Dec 13, 2011 21:27
GUEST02934 Sure!~Tianjin is a great place to study mandarin!
I was born in Tianjin, speak mandarin. If you want to learn mandarin you can contact with me---126.com|drtwj . I want to learn English. So we can become friends and learn each other.
Feb 25, 2013 08:18
  • EMMA_LIU
Hi,
I'm from Shijiazhuang Hebei province and live in Tianjin.
I think it's OK to learn Enligh in Tianjin or Beijing. Actually any of the big cities in north of China is fine,even the accents are a little bit different in different cities.But it's not much difference. Normally Taiwan mandarin is not very standard either,they have their accent..It doesn't matter..Because I think for English,we also have the same problem,don't we?
I have some overseas friends who are also learning Mandarin.We'll try our best to teach them standard pronunciation. And she always says it's more interesting to learn from us than to learn from her Chinese Teacher..
Since I've spent so much money and time on learning English,I want to be a English teacher in the future.But my friend, who is from Australia,suggest that I should be a Chinese teacher...
Have a great time in Tianjin China..Best wishes..
Feb 28, 2013 02:13
GUEST21167 Already 4 years passed. Did you study in Tianjin? I need some information, if you really study there, because I want to study there. Thank you
Mar 20, 2013 20:45
GUEST97319 im currently teaching english in tianjin if you need anyhelp pls email me at hotmail.com|genius_fan .hopefully i could help you
Jul 3, 2013 02:39
GUEST53424 please , could you help me and give me the name of this unversity of institue to study chinese , i wantt o study chinese

pls add my skype is kamal.automas
my QQ is 1954237190

best regards
Apr 8, 2014 10:06
  • ROLLO
Hi,
I 've been living in Tianjin for 5 years and learning Chinese. I think its mostly good. The accent is okay, and the city is much cheaper than Beijing and only 30 minutes away on the fast train.
I spend most of my time in Tianjin and go to Beijing for events. A good mix!
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is Tianjin a good place to study Mandarin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code