Menu
need friends in china
Dec 11, 2006 11:35
  • EMASOEN79
Hi,

I am going to be in China next year. Probably start my journey from Guzng Zhou. Is there anyone can give me some advice about backpacking n travelling in China? Any friends wanna join?

Dec 11, 2006 20:09
  • SOLOTO007
anywhere before you go, find a Chinese friend in that city and you can save a lot money and time.
Good luck!
Dec 12, 2006 00:36
  • MENG
Hi,
I think firstly you should confirm where you would like to visit and then visit some professional tour websirtind to find the detail information on your destinations.

To be frank, there is no need to visit lots of cities in China. You can choose one which you are really interested in, such as the West Lake in Hangzhou, various palaces in Peking and Xi'an with long history~~~ I think the information of these destinations can be easily found on internet!

Anyway, have a good trip!
Dec 12, 2006 02:13
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,welcome to China:-)
Dec 12, 2006 07:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Firstly - Bring a good guide book like the Lonely Planet' or equivelant. This will be invaluable aid in getting around and helping with language etc.

Secondly - Do your homework before you come and have a rough itinerary and a ood idea of what you really want to see and have a few extra days for the unexpected. Always happens.

Thirdly - There is no need to 'find a friend' in every city. This is not always advantageous as you never know the motive. There is plenty of information online about China and this can prepare you pretty well for what there is to see on a first backpacking trip. You can do one day tours to the sights that you are not sure you can manage on your own. You may find fellow travellers in youth hostels who are willing to share time and expenses with you.

Just be well prepared and travel light. A lot depends on your previous travel experience. Remember, don't to try to cover too much in too short a time. It's not worth rushing through. It's a big country.

Welcome to China
Dec 12, 2006 10:22
  • INCHINA
Welcome to China :))

Dont forget to visit the lovely pandas!
Dec 12, 2006 21:26
I've visited Beijing alone. What I took is a map and, of course my money.It is cheap. Pity that I forgot the pandas!
Dec 15, 2006 02:34
  • GANGYABENBEN
Welcome to Xian,see the people,view the great wall,climb the mountain of Mt. Huashan,enjoy Qinqiang performance(a kind of Chinese opera popular in Shaanxi Province)...

Dec 7, 2007 10:24
GUESTMJ From Canada looking for friend in Kunshan
Post a Reply to: need friends in china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code