Menu
Dating for Western women in China
Dec 12, 2006 19:11
  • CHYNAGYRL
Today, I read an article in China Daily that said that most Western women had given up on finding a Western boyfriend (in Beijing), because most Western guys there have (CHinese) girlfriends or are looking for a Chinese girlfriend.

I had suspected for a while that dating in China is not great for Western women... and it is one of the reasons I held back from coming to China sooner. Canadian guys are nice looking, polite and generous (here where I am) the only drawback is they have such tender egos.

Have any Western women here dated Chinese guys?
Dec 12, 2006 21:07
  • GRIZ326
Hi CHYNAGYRL,

I've never dated a Chinese guy. :)

But you should know that all men - all over the world - have fragile egos. I am certain of that.

As for Western women...they face tough competition for Western men in China. Speaking for myself, it would take an extraordinary Western woman to interest me when surrounded by a sea of Asian beauties who are respectful of men (extraordinary does not equal physical beauty alone)...........

Dec 13, 2006 00:57
  • STOCKTOV
I think, wherever you are in the world, if you're gonna find a good person to be with you can find them anywhere...even if you're a Western woman in a sea of Asian beauties competing for the ever-elusive Western man.

Which I'm not...competing, that is. Yes, when I arrived in China I found it difficult to date Western men because they were always going out with Chinese girls who (and I'm quoting directly from one particular sleeze-ball) "...are easy to manipulate. They do what I want". If that's the kind of fodder out there then I'll pass. You Asian beauties can have all the Western men you want.

So, I looked elsewhere. And I found, much in agreement with your other post, Chynagyrl, that Asian men make FANTASTIC boyfriends. Extraordinary, to use Griz's words.

Well, actually, I've only had one Chinese boyfriend. And he's so "extraordinary" that I've agreed to marry him...

So, take from that what you will. But I still contend that no matter where you are on the planet or which kind of beauty is surrounding you, you can still find your "keeper".

Dec 15, 2006 07:43
  • ELLYSE
Congrats Stocktov! :)
Post a Reply to: Dating for Western women in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code