Menu
re: phone sim card
Nov 2, 2004 10:58
  • LITOT
i'm currently here at china. i bought a chinese sim card to be able to call my family way back home. unfortunately, i can't make an international call. why is that so? i'm able to send messages but my friends say they are not receiving any. according to my chinese friend, i have to deposit 1,500rmb at china telecom before they can open it for international text and calls. can anyone explain to me in detail what are the regulations pertaining to sim cards here at china? thanks very much.
Nov 2, 2004 14:49
For the China Mobile please ring 1860, For China Unicom,1001. THey have english service.
GOod luck:)
Nov 3, 2004 09:36
  • DAISY
Between these two telecom system, I prefer the China Mobile. Is the sim card you have of the China Mobile? It is more easy and convenient to make an international call and sms. I have a firend in Singapore, she gives me sms sometimes, and I also reply successfully, of course with the sim card of China Mobile.
You can't phone abroad, I think you should buy a global service card. Or I think your dialing method is wrong. You should dial the country code firstly, and the zone code, and you family number, and so on.
If have other problem, you can dial 1860 or 1861's English version for details.
Nov 3, 2004 10:58
In terms of my experience, IP card is more economic. International outbound Msg could cost one buck per item. But you can chat for a minutes by using IP card.
Nov 3, 2004 10:58
  • LITOT
Thanks for the advise. However, when i tried calling 1001, the operator speaks chinese. After dialling the # do i still have to punch numbers like 1, 2 or 3? Please give me the specifics.
Nov 3, 2004 11:06
  • LITOT
My sim card is china unicom. You advise then i get a new sim card, that of china mobile? How much will it cost me if ever? There's no problem in my dialling because i follow exactly the procedures for international calls. My friend told me i can receive sms and calls to my sim but i think there's a problem as until now they haven't called me yet. Can please help me more? Thanks!
Nov 3, 2004 11:11
  • LITOT
ok then. thanks a lot!
Nov 3, 2004 11:19
  • ANNA
Phone with the IP card as Tomorrow said. The charge should be the common call fee + the IP international long-distance call fee. And IP card is cheaper.
Nov 3, 2004 11:39
just called 1001 for you. Yes, you have to deposit RMB3000 in advance for opening the international call service. You also have to take your Passport(or any certificate which can show your ID) to your ISP for the service. As for Msg,you need not to apply seperatly.
IP card is not a sim card. It's a telephone card.
Nov 3, 2004 14:39
  • LITOT
tomorrowneverdie, thanks a lot! id rather use an IP card.
Nov 3, 2004 15:29
One more thing, You can always get huge discount on buying IP cards. Say 30 for a 100 card
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: re: phone sim card
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code