Menu
Getting to Little 3 Gorges
Dec 17, 2006 10:16
  • MANEKINEKO
I don't have enough time to do a full 3 or 4 day boat cruise, and there are no 2 day cruises leaving on dates that work for me. I was wondering if I just travel to Yichang, if there are any boats that can take me to from there to the Three Gorges and the Little Three Gorges just for a one day sight-seeing trip without having to spend any nights on the boat? I was thinking about maybe the hydrofoil, but that wouldn't let me see the Little Three Gorges.

Alternatively, is it possible to see the Three Gorges and Little Three Gorges by taking some type of ground transport to there and hiking?

Finally, what's the best way to get to Yichang without a cruise? Is the fastest/cheapest/easiest way to take a bus to Wanzhou and take a hydrofoil from there to Yichang?

I saw that there is a schedule of hydrofoil times on the tips section of this site, very helpful. However, it doesn't say what days it runs and how to book. Does anyone know how I could find this out?

Sorry for the plethora of questions, and a big thanks in advance for anyone who can help!
Dec 17, 2006 20:48
  • YINMEI
Hi Manekineko,

Actually there is 2days Yangtze three gorges and new dam from Chongqing to Yichang tour,but it doesnt run everyday this moment during the winter low season.
When would like to leave?you are in Beijing right now?
I suggest you might follow this route:
At first take the bus from Chongqing to Wanzhou in the morning and transfer the hydrofoil in the noon;then visit Lesser three gorges at Wushang in the afternoon,afterwards stay in Wushang for night;finally take the hydrofoil or the boat,even the bus from Wushang to Yichang.

Cheere!
Post a Reply to: Getting to Little 3 Gorges
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code