Menu
Which place to visit for first timer to China ?
Dec 19, 2006 00:25
  • ATMC13
Hi,
Need someone to share some travel experience on where to go for first timers to China.

Shed me some light..thks :)
Dec 19, 2006 07:17
  • YINMEI
Hi there,

Welcome to Chongqing!

Cheers!
Dec 19, 2006 16:24
  • GRIZ326
On the left side of your browser screen you should see a list of links to Travel Destinations....

Beijing
Chengdu
Chongquing
....and so on down the list....

This site is one of the best travel resources on the web, explore it.
Dec 19, 2006 18:51
  • MAY001
Maybe you can tell us more about your interest. Do you like natural scenery, or historical and cultural relics? Do you have any specific idea about some destinations? etc.etc.
Dec 19, 2006 19:05
  • CALIFORNIA
Absolutely Beijing:-)

1.The transportation is the most convenient;

2.Our capital,and also an old city with many our ancient culture;

Welcome!!!
Dec 19, 2006 20:35
  • GERALDINE
Hi there
Our first time trip we flew in to Shanghai doing the Bund and a few sights around the city, trained up to Beijing for five days seeing Forbidden city, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace as well as Tian Square and did the Great Wall experience at Simitai, less people and wonderful scenery although challenging terrain. We then trained to Xi'an on the overnighter saving accomodation costs, Terracotta Warriors and the Muslim Quarter are a must of course as well as the city walls and various pagodas and bell and drum towers, then trained to Guilin spent a day or so in the city seeing the sights and then bussed to Longsheng and up to the rice fields at Lonji- a superb experience especially tramping to a small village and having lunch with the locals- a serene and restful place after cities.
We headed back to Guilin and down to Yangshuo where we spent several days relaxing, visiting villages, bike riding, bamboo rafting and enjoying the exquisite scenery. This was a 23 day memorable holiday down the centre of the country. We didn't speak any chinese apart from hello, goodbye and thank you but we didn't really have too much trouble with communicating - a few sessions of charades in restaurants but it all adds to the fun and the Lonely Planet guide if we really got stuck as it has place names written in Chinese and if all else fails you point to the place and the taxi, bus driver can read it and know where you want to go.
Hope you have a great time.
Dec 19, 2006 20:41
Shanghai is a good place to visit.The morden metropolis with some historic tourist sites.
Huangshan (the Yellow Moutain)in Anhui province is also a famous tourist site, a natural and cultural heritage in UNESO's list.
You could find more information about them in this website.
If you need a guide or other help,please contact me on Skype:angelashanghai
Anyway,enjoy your trip in China.
Dec 20, 2006 07:43
  • SAYHITOANT
Before my first visit to China in 2002, most of my friends suggested to me that I should first visit its captial Beijing, follow by Shanghai, and so on ... I did not take their advices. My first trip was in Jiangnan (ie. Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing), my 2nd trip was in Fujian, followed by Chengdu and finally I visited Beijing this year. I hope to visit Tibet, Yunnan and the Silk Road soon.

In my opinion, any place in China is a good place to visit for first timer to China. As I prefer natural scenary, my trip to Chengdu is the most enjoyable.
Dec 20, 2006 08:03
  • YINMEI
Yes,i have been to Yunnan several times,i think it is most beautiful province in China.You could follow this route:Kunmin-Dali-Lijing-Zhongdian-Lhasa.

Regards!
Dec 21, 2006 23:22
  • LIONPOWER
For business visit, you may start from Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou then other
Dec 25, 2006 19:09
  • EXLIFE
Beijing, Shanghai,Xi an ,Guilin are some of the most famous tourism cities. to see ancient complex in Beijing and Xian, natural spectacle in Guilin, the most westernized city- shanghai
Post a Reply to: Which place to visit for first timer to China ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code