Menu
Christmas day in Xian
Dec 19, 2006 01:52
  • GANGYABENBEN
Hi,everyone~
Christmas day is the overseas holiday,I don't know whether they spend this time at home or somewhere,are there some people at church at that time? Will they spend their festival go to church?
Dec 19, 2006 01:54
  • GANGYABENBEN
And is there a church in Xian?
Dec 19, 2006 03:49
I think there does exist one church-one formal church. I know there are many small ones which are in fact houses rented by belivers to get together and do activities.
Dec 19, 2006 19:02
  • MAY001
Yes, Christmas is an overseas holiday, we know it. We just want to have a chance to play and enjoy ourselves. You know, Chinese festivals always means family reunion. So less people go out and have parties, etc. But for a western festival, we can go out with friends and relax. So I think western holidays just give our more chances to enjoy and play.

Churches are available in Xian. And they are always crowded in Christmas Eve. The East Street, South Street, North Street and West Street in downtown Xian will be crowded by people and no vehicle are allowed to enter.
Dec 20, 2006 03:20
  • GANGYABENBEN
Thanks for your reply!In my home,every year when the Christmas day is coming,although the Santa Claus's picture is pasted everywhere,the festival atmosphere isn't denseness,many people just want to increase turnover,this is the first time I enjoy this time in Xian,so thanks for your advice,I'll visit the East street,the west street,the north street and the south street,and taste the Christmas day:)
Post a Reply to: Christmas day in Xian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code