Menu
places of interest near Wuxi in Jiangsu
Dec 27, 2006 04:06
  • AMIT
Hi,

I am coming to Wuxi for 2 weeks on business trip. What are nearby places managable on sat-sun?

What is the best way to make overseas call (to India).

Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks
Amit
Dec 30, 2006 20:24
There are some interesting places in and around Wuxi City, such as the Three Kingdoms and Shuihu Cities, Li and Mei Gardens. Or you can choose to visit Suzhou and Shanghai.Two days is ok for a scanning of these two cities.
Dec 31, 2006 21:39
Hi,
If you need my help in Shanghai,you can contact with by email:hotmail.com.I|Angela-shanghai could be your guide and interpreter here.It's free of charge.
Jan 1, 2007 08:52
  • MISHEN
Hi, I have spent quite a bit of time in Wuxi recently - although they don't have any one famous attraction, there are many qite lovely parks and gardens to visit which show off some very attractive Chinese landscaping and traditional scenery. Many foreigners there enjoy a place not far from the city called HUISHAN - like an oriental fairyland. The most scenic part of the local lake area (Lake Tai, or Tai Hu) is the Turtlehead Peninsula, and from there a boat can be taken out to the Islands of the Deities - covered with Taoist buildings and statues. The Tang Dynasty city is a massive TV set that holds performances from their films every day - good fun for the family. Also, the LINGSHAN BUDDHA is worth checking out - twice the size of the Statue of Liberty.

Jan 16, 2007 23:19
  • AMIT
Thanks a lots for the reply and the tips.
I am reaching Wuxi on 18th evening. Hope to snatch-out max fun time from this business trip ;-)

regards
Amit
Jan 16, 2007 23:39
  • AMIT
Thnks a lots for your advice. Would try to visit these places.
Jan 8, 2008 17:15
GUEST53153 will be china Shanghai in feb would like to take you up on your offer gmail.com|andrewtaupin
Jan 9, 2008 10:12
  • JABAROOTOO
There is also Yixing and Dingshan famous for its pottery. These are small towns around to the Southwest of Taihu

Hey Mishen long time no see????
Jan 9, 2008 10:14
  • JABAROOTOO
There is also Yixing and Dingshan famous for its pottery. These are small towns around to the Southwest of Taihu

Hey Mishen long time no see????

OOOP's wrong year

Shouldn't drag up these old threads like this. It's a bit of a waste of time.

What, by the way is on offer................just some advice!
Jan 9, 2008 11:48
  • JOHNFONTANA
Visited Wuxi last summer. Definitely a place worth spending some time. Don't miss the TV and film studios (three Kingdoms City, Tang Dynasty Village, European Village and Asian Village) at the southwest corner of the city.

Try to avoid those pearl shops your tour guide will possibly take you too. You can generally get those things at much cheaper prices at other similar places.
Sep 9, 2008 22:08
GUEST71062 Hi , is it an appropriate time to go suzhou and wuxi in mid-dec? Is it an easy commute from suzhou to wuxi - a day trip? Many thanks.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: places of interest near Wuxi in Jiangsu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code