Menu
Map of Gansu
Dec 28, 2006 01:01
  • CHARAK63
Hi!
Can someone suggest me some internet sites depicting the geographical map (English) of Gansu Sheng Province.
Charak63
Dec 28, 2006 19:27
  • EXLIFE
Hi Charak63,

here is a link to a english map of Gansu, but not a geographical one: http://english.cri.cn/725/2005/12/05/34506.htm|168

for a geographical one, maybe, you could try google earth
Dec 28, 2006 22:30
  • CHARAK63
Dear Exlife,
Thanks for suggesting site which gives apart from english map of Gansu lot of other information.
I am looking for some information about Gansu which I am sure you can provide.
We group of 10 persons want to visit Gansu Sheng and adjoining areas in coming summer. I am a scientist(Botanist) fond of traveling. I watched long, big and shining yellowish green well planned area down small villages called Minle,Shunhua and Dunle on Google earth planet(38.06 -38.16 N & 101.01-101.14 E Elev 9000-9153 ft). It seems near Qilian mountains. It is at the border of Gansu Sheng & Qinghai Sheng provinces. This seems like rice, barley or Rape plantations, but could it be so large?. It looks lush shining green, evenly uniform well organized plantations. Re they dam – fields ? Could you please give us information on this ; what is this place, how big is it, its name and how to reach there.
I shall wait for your response
Regards
charak63
Dec 29, 2006 03:16
  • EXLIFE
Hi CHARAK63,

I am not familiar with Gansu Province, so i not not sure about the folloeing information. Qilian Mountain is the geographically boundary of Qinghai Province and Gansu Province. in the Qilian Mountian adjoining area, the soil is fertile and is one of the 12 grain centers in China. what's more, Gansu features vast land with few people. also, i fine that there is a big pasture near the Minle county called Dacha Pasture (大岔牧场) in Sunan County (肃南县). what you see is probably a vast pasture or grain field. now, the Qilian Mountain is a opened scenic spot, so you and your friends could explore there yourselves. in my opinion, Gansu Province is not a resort for foreigners, so i think it is better to book a trip with a touism agent. BTH, have you ever been to China, and can you speak chinese/
Post a Reply to: Map of Gansu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code