Menu
Taiwan Earthquake causes the difficulty to access TCG
Dec 28, 2006 19:04
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all members,

Due to the Taiwan earthquake on Dec.27, several crucial undersea telecommunications cables linking China with other countries and regions were cut off and the repair may take two to three weeks. Since the server of this community is located in the United States, members here in China may find it difficult to access this site.

Things will get better weeks later. Sorry for all the inconvenience to you.

Sincerely,

Christine
Dec 28, 2006 22:23
  • SAYHITOANT
I have difficulty accessing it on 27 & 28 Dec but it was ok since 29 Dec evening. Hope that most of the TCG members can assess it now.
Dec 29, 2006 21:13
  • CALIFORNIA
I login finally:-)

We are in KR now??
Jan 22, 2007 10:57
  • XIAMEN
Hello Christine :)

I think the quake happened on Dec 26, 2006 at about 730pm -8:30pm? The quake hit twice here in Xiamen.. People from our apartment started to scream and ran towards the open field. I'm staying on first floor but I felt the quake was really strong. It was recorded of 7.2 in ritchter scale.

Until today I still have slow connections for websites located in UK.

Just hope Taiwan or China fix this soon.

-Joseph
Jan 22, 2007 19:59
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear friends,
Really happy to hear that some of you have already got easy access to TCG. For those who haven't, please be patient. The repair work of the submarine optical cables are continued but a little bit slowy due to the bad weather. The news say that all the cables would hopefully be repaired till the end of January.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the earthquake, but believe it will be ok soon.
Post a Reply to: Taiwan Earthquake causes the difficulty to access TCG
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code