Menu
I miss China
Dec 28, 2006 23:39
  • CHYNAGYRL
I miss China so much. What should I do? When I first met him, I fell in love with his words, his style, his mind so shaped by history, philosophy, and passions. When I came back to Canada, i thought i would soon be reunited with him -- to explore and understand all his words and facets at leisure.

But now I have a job, a house, family and friends wanting me to stay. I still think about China often. It's not easy being in a long-distance relationship with a country though. He is quite selfish. I think of him but does he even remember me?? :-( Even though I love him, as time goes by, I feel like I am thinking of an imaginary friend. Everything conspires to keep me here, away from him. But I promise to see him again! One day -- not long from now I hope. :-)
Dec 29, 2006 06:04
  • APAULT
Beautifully put !

But it seems this is the sort of love where you don't have to be faithful to just one. This is the lover that will share and be shared.

Maybe it is true that 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'. In a while you will know if this is true or whether you have fond memories that should remain as just memories to tell the children and grandchildren. Somehow though, I think you will add to your store of memories first (as will I).

Post a Reply to: I miss China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code