Menu
train to xian
Jan 1, 2007 08:55
  • INGKA
I plan to visit Xian in this August. I prefer to go there by train from Guangzhou. However, I heard that it is difficult to get the same day train ticket, especially the hard sleeper class. Is it true?
Is there any way to book the ticket from internet.
I am glad that somebody can give me the information about that.
Thank you very much for your helping
Jan 4, 2007 02:56
  • YUHAOROMAN
welcome aboard, INGKA.

It is very difficult to buy the same day train ticket, more difficult than to find a decent job, especially for long distance train. at peak time, e.g 51, 10.1,spring festival, July, September, to buy a long distance hard sleeper class is like to take a civil servant qualification test in china, you should have some relationship other than capacity.

Normally we can buy a train ticket in seven days advance, in your case, it is strongly suggested to book the tickets as soon as possible.

you can book the ticket through ticket agent, and they will deliver the ticket to where you live charging normally 5-10 yuan.

it is hard to find english website resource to book train ticket though.
Jan 4, 2007 09:34
  • INGKA
Thank you very much Yuhaoroman for your information. It is very helpful.
I hope TCG, or other travel agents have train ticket booking service for people from abroad.
Jan 5, 2007 05:24
  • JEFFYANG
August is good seson for you to visit and also good seaon for tourist to come ,it will be the peak season with high price and crowed people.
and the ticket is also hard to get.
if ppossible, could you travel here iin low season? the price for everyhing is low and not so hard to get ticket.
only the weather is cold.
i'm local citizen ,please ask me free if you have any questions.
Jeff
Post a Reply to: train to xian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code