Menu
Huang Shan completly accessible after snow?
Jan 2, 2007 12:57
  • RAYAN
Hi together,

I am living in Hong Kong and wanna travel this weekend to Huang Shan. Since many of you guys recomended to go there in winter, I decided to make this trip now in January. I am just wondering how it will be there if it snows or after it had been snowing. Can I hike with no problems like in other seasons? Or are some paths closed by the management or whoever works there? Can I also climb the peak(s) when its snowing or after snow? I'm just affraid to get there and then realize that I cant move freely because of the snow. How about the hotels and the cablecars? Are they also open in winter?

Thanx for replies!
Rayan
Jan 8, 2007 07:51
Hi,
Huangshan is my hometown so I m glad to give you this information.Hope you can come to see it.
Actually,it will snow on the mountains sometimes.But dont worry,winter is still a good seanson to enjoy the beautiful scenery.You can see the pines with ice or iceflakes,shining with the sun.And the ticket is only 120RMB comapares with 200RMB in busy seanson.
However,for the sake of safe,the two dangerous sites,Tiandu Peak and Xihai(West Sea)Valley,havent been closed from the begin of winter.But it doesnt influent the glamor of Huangshan.
Welcome to Huangshan!
Jan 18, 2007 21:38
  • LYZLI
is anyone looking to travel to huangshan feb 7-10? i am travelling alone from shanghai and would like to do some hiking.
Post a Reply to: Huang Shan completly accessible after snow?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code