Menu
Moving To Tianjin
Jan 3, 2007 06:31
  • MARDACOUS
Hello,
I'm an Australian who speaks only english and I'm moving to China for a year. Kinda nervous as to what to expect and how hard it is going to be for me to settle in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Mark
Jan 3, 2007 20:35
  • ANTICUTI
G'day! You've come to the right place Mark. If no one else can help you, I can help you!

I'm a Chinese girl living in Sydney since end of 1995. I was born and raised in Tianjin til I was 14.
Tianjin people are friendly and the city is not too big (big can be daunting, like the city of Beijing).
So do you work or live there? How do you want to spend your spare time? How are you going so far? You can ask me more questions here!
Jan 5, 2007 05:30
  • MARDACOUS
Thank you for your help!! I'm a moving to Tianjin next month to live and for work. I'm really keen to experience a new culture but I'm kind of worried because I know no mandarin and am unsure if I will be able to communicate or not.

I have bought myself a "how to speak" book but am still nervous.

Thank you for reassuring me that it is a nice place and that the people are friendly.

Any advice and information that you have will be greatly appreciated.
Jan 5, 2007 19:26
  • STOCKTOV
Hi,

I am a "westerner" currently living in Tianjin.

Don't be nervous, you'll be fine.

There's a good and comparatively cheap language school if you're keen to get a jump on speaking. It's called New Century. I can send you their email if you'd like.

I also know a good private tutor who is a native of Tianjin and a really nice guy. He can give you Chinese lessons and help you get acquainted with the city. He's my good friend.

I can also give you a heads up about where the foreigners hang out and how to find what and how to get around.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. And you will really like Tianjin...
Jan 7, 2007 05:58
  • MARDACOUS
Thanks a lot!!! That would be great! I would really appreciate the email address for the language school and the locations of the places to hang out!!

Cheers
Jun 11, 2007 11:35
  • PIOLA78
I do worry! I dunno the language either, I dunno anything about culture, food, working habits....
**scared**
Nov 18, 2007 08:58
GUEST19528 Hi,

i'll be travelling to tiajin in the next couple of days..it will be more appreciate if i can be able to locate there language schools for foreigners and also where best to hang out..though i will be staying for only 30days!!
Nov 18, 2007 09:01
GUESTADEWALE Hi,

Any description of language schools for foreigners that i can apply to?i will be in tiajin in the next couple of days now..
Nov 18, 2007 20:57
  • ELLYSE
Try at the major universities eg Nankai University: http://221.238.245.113/english/admission-4.htm
Nov 18, 2007 21:22
GUESTGUEST 6176 http://221.238.245.113/english/admission-4.htm
The page cannot be displayed.
IS THIS YOUR HELP?
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND OTHER GUEST'S TIME.
Nov 19, 2007 00:22
  • ELLYSE
It opens WITH NO PROBLEMS on my computer. I've just tried again, it opens fine with both Opera and Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers. Maybe you should check yours.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Moving To Tianjin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code