Menu
Mandarin language movies w/English sub-titles
Jan 7, 2007 22:37
  • GRIZ326
Please recommend Mandarin language films that have English sub-titles. They will need to be movies that I might be able to get from US sources or buy online.

I saw one on Air China last summer. It was the story of a girl working on a bus and was a nice story. Movies about traditional Chinese life would be of great interest to me.

Thank you...
Jan 8, 2007 17:38
  • ANTICUTI
But for those films with subtitles, the subtitles are too small to read and follow. Are you sure that's what you wanted?

Also I think nowadays people can always add subtitles to films.
Jan 8, 2007 17:55
  • GRIZ326
If there is some alternative I would consider it.

I figured that watching something on screen - hearing the Mandarin spoken along with seeing the action - would help me connect with the words.

I have a pretty big TV so I should be able to read the sub-titles.
Jan 8, 2007 22:12
  • EXLIFE
in my opinion, news on CCTV is a good choice. films and soap operas often include some dialects. just like we listen to BBC or VOA while learning enlish, you could listen to our news to.
Jan 8, 2007 22:12
  • EXLIFE
in my opinion, news on CCTV is a good choice. films and soap operas often include some dialects. just like we listen to BBC or VOA while learning enlish, you could listen to our news to.
Jan 10, 2007 03:11
  • SOLOTO007
The Crazy Rock is a good movie made in 2006. Most movies made in Hongkong have English sub-title words.
Post a Reply to: Mandarin language movies w/English sub-titles
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code