Menu
Hanoi to Guilin
Jan 8, 2007 15:02
  • STEAMY
I wish to travel from Hanoi to Guilin round 26 Feb 2007 but find air travel non existent.Any tips as to the best alternative?
Jan 8, 2007 20:11
  • STOCKTOV
It's just a four hour journey by land from Hanoi to Nanning, the capital of Guangxi provinnce (of which Guilin is a part). From Nanning it's just a few more hours to Guilin.
Bus or train will get you from Hanoi to Nanning, bus or train will get you to Guilin.
Jan 11, 2007 04:08
  • STEAMY
Thanks for the reply,any idea of the cost of the fares?
Jan 16, 2007 13:23
  • DENIZ666UK
i took a train from hanoi to nanning and im pretty sur it took a lot more than 4 hours we left sometime in the evening and did not arrive in nanning till maybe 7 or 8 the next day. cant remember how much it cost though but was not that expensive
Jan 24, 2007 04:14
  • ROBERTVIENNA
Seems as if you can go from Hanoi to Guilin by Train only twice a week.

What about the Bus-connections? Are there daily connections to Guilin or at least to Nanning? Are there overnight-busses with possibility to sleep?

greetings from Vienna

Robert
Aug 14, 2008 13:45
GUEST82459 Hi, to far to go from Hanoi to Guilin, about 800kms
It is very complicated to check-out Vietnam at the Vietnam-China border if you go by bus or train, so i reccommend flying from Hanoi => Guangzhou then Guangzhou to Guilin.

:-)
Aug 18, 2008 10:39
GUEST82102 What are the complications at the border. Request you to elaborate .

Aug 19, 2008 03:21
  • APAULT
Yes please tell! I am thinking of taking the bus from Nanning to Hannoi sometime in the future. It is quite easy to find ticket vendor shops in Nanning though I haven't made any enquiries there.
Oct 4, 2008 08:03
GUEST03157 Crossing from Vietnam to China can take up to an hour. It's not complicated, it's just chaotic mainly because of people don't know the concept of waiting in line. If you have your paperworks in order (Passport and Visa to China), you'll be ok. Rumor of the Lonely Planet book might be confiscated on the China side, but when I made the trip last year, no one search my backpack.

Oct 25, 2008 19:52
  • ELLYSE
The Nanning crossing is ok re Lonely Planets, it's only the Hekou crossing that has reported those problems.
Dec 6, 2010 09:21
You can take a small bus from Hanoi to Langson "Huu Nghi Quan" (Viet Nam side) (about 4-5$)
A taxi from {Pingxiang,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/jiangxi/pingxiang/} "You Yi Guan" (China side) to PingXiang bus station (~3-4$)
Buy a bus ticket from PingXiang to {Nanning,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangxi/nanning/} (66RMB ~ 10$)
at Nanning Langdong Bus station
Buy a bus ticket from Nanning to {Guilin,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guilin.htm} (108RMB ~ 17$)
the picture is "Huu Nghi Quan" or "You Yi Guan" (chinese language)
Goodluck !!!

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hanoi to Guilin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code