Menu
The Great Wall of China
Apr 1, 2004 15:17
  • KENSHI
The Great Wall was awsome--although I was quite surprised that one CLIMBS the Great Wall. Our tour group went to the Jiayuguan Pass. It was very gratifying to earn my "Hero" Card for making the climb, though. Anyone else who climbed this Pass, I would like to hear your experience. I loved China and hope to return one day.
Apr 1, 2004 15:17
  • BARBARA
Hi,

What do you mean when you say you have to "climb" the Great Wall? Is there no path along the top of it?
Apr 1, 2004 15:19
  • KENSHI
Thanks for your clever advises. I have booked a 17 days tour for 10 of our friends, and I am still gathering information about the country, things to see, things not to see...etc.. Our plans areParis,Beijing-X'ian-Chongqhing-Cruise on the YangTse, Giulin, Longshen,Shanghai, Yangshou, Paris.Any advise from you about this trip. Thanks a lot.
Apr 1, 2004 15:20
  • GARDKARLSEN
Hi

Climbing (or walking) on the Great wall of China at Simatai was one of the highlights of my trip to China in March 2003. It was so early in the season and there were not that many people on the wall. And the weather was perfect with blue skies. It was also cool to see that there were some snow left on the wall itself :-)

Well, a longer trip report from Beijing, Xi'an and Hong Kong is posted together with some pictures on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Apr 1, 2004 15:20
  • SIMON
WE are planning to go in September with a toddler. We'd like to make our own way from Beijing to save costs. Is it easy to get transport to the wall or is a guide essential?
Also, can we get around in Beijing to visit the other tourist sights on our own easily or again, do we need a guide?
Thanks for any help.
Apr 1, 2004 15:22
  • BILL
I am going on the same trip in 2 weeks- but not to Paris. Actually went to Paris for 10 days in June and there is so much to do there. We went to the top of the Eifel Tour whcih wasn't even on our list but well worth it- the view is spectacular. The Musee D'orsay is a must as is the Picasso Museum and also the Rodin Sculpture Garden and Museum.
Post a Reply to: The Great Wall of China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code