Menu
Looking for a hotel in Sanya from 22.02.07
Jan 12, 2007 07:37
Hello,
my name is Juergen and I am german.
I`ve booked a flight to Sanya and thought that it would be no problem to find a budget hotel for less than 200 Yuan.
But then I had to recognize that chinese vacation will end on the 25. of February and all cheap hotels are booked out on the site where I was looking for.
What do you think, is it a high risk travelling at this time to Sanya without a hotel reservation or is there a good chance to find an accomodation?
What's about Haikou? Also overcrowded?
Are there other nice places to stay?
Well, a lot of questions, but I really hoe someone can help me!
Jürgen
Jan 23, 2007 21:29
  • BELLELI
As far as I know seems it's impossible to find a hotel in Sanya which is cheaper than RMB200/day. If there is no spring festival, even RMB80/day is impossible, but for spring festival, all hotels in Sanya will increase their price from Feb.17 to Feb.24.

Haikou should be better than Sanya. Because generally speaking, except golfers, there are not so many visitors there.

Hope it helps!
Jan 26, 2007 11:20
  • STEFFEN
Hi Juergen,

belleli is right, it will be quite difficult to find a hotel during that time, but if you do not have a problem in staying in youth hostels than stay at the BLUE SKY Youth Hostel, its just 200 m away from the dadonghai beach and quite cheap but clean and friendly staff, costs appr. 100 RMB/night for a double room.
cheers
steffen
Jan 26, 2007 20:12
  • APAULT
Of course this period will be dificult than usual, but there ARE cheaper hotels in Sanya and Haikou, ie about 60RMB normally, The ones I stayed in were small and clean.

In Sanya, go to the bus station and there will probably be one or two touts who have small hotels across the road. I was taken across the road, slightly to the left into a small road (pharmacy or sommthing like that on the right hand corner. Go 20 meters and into the parking area on the left (mostly behind restaurants), go diagonally across this area and up to 3rd floor (I think). My guess is that there are others.

In Haikou. From Xingang Harbour go south to Binhai Avenue, turn left and walk past the markets. You will see a few hotels on each side of the road. I stayed on the left, you will see some steps down into small hotel entrance. It is almost opposite a big KTV centre. You know u have gone too far if you get to all the bathroom and plumbing businesses.
Jan 30, 2007 06:38
  • JABAROOTOO
You'll not get a cheap YOUTH HOSTEL during this special week 17th to 24th inclusive. I am having the same problem as you although I will be spending longer on Hainan. In fact Blue Sky is charging around $30US per person in twin room which is twice that if you are travelling solo because you have to book and presumable pay for the room unless you can find someone to share it with you. Price drops dramatically again on the 25th.

Check out these Websites
www.sinohotelguide.com which actually allows you to book a room in one or two hotels which are not jacking up prices.
In Sanya I have found another website which offers some good deals for private guesthouses.
www.chinasanya.com

I am just waiting to hear back from a Sanya contact on what they can find for me to spend my two weeks holiday without blowing out the budget during the first week.

Also found a great Mediteranean Restaurant on the above site which has me salivating already. The promise of some good food including baklava on top of some warm weather and wonderful beaches is a real serendipity. Restaurant is on a strip of road the along the river called Xi He Xi Lu or West river west road

Apaults advice is good. You can always take one night and see what you can find during the next day if you haven't quite found what you need.
Feb 2, 2007 01:39
  • BELLELI
You can always take one night and see what you can find during the next day if you haven't quite found what you need.

Agree!!!There are so many small hotels in our Hainan, especially on some small streets. Once you would like to find, you must find them.
Feb 2, 2007 23:23
  • MISHEN
The Chuanya hotel, very close to the famous Blue Sky in Dadonghai, can have rooms for as little as 60RMB a night.

There are plenty of cheap hotels near any bus station, even in pricey Sanya.
Feb 3, 2007 02:50
  • MORCAPALA
Hi,
There are plenty of "not expensive" hotels in Sanya. Blue sky and the one Mishen mentioned are good and cheap ones; you can find many others on "travellerspoint.com" (cheap), "sinohotel.com"(a bit more expensive). Good luck! and maybe see you in Sanya (i'll be there the very first days of march).
Feb 3, 2007 03:17
  • JABAROOTOO
While there may be cheaper places to be found.

Just for the record

a dorm room at the Blue Sky is Y190 during that week and

I got quoted Y300 for another private hotel for that week but which would be dropping to just y60 after the peak so I'm heading out to other places for most of that time and coming back later to enjoy the regular rates.

Feb 21, 2007 00:46
Hi,
and thank you very much for answering!
Today is the very day of leaving Germany and going to China!
I don`t know how long I will stay in Sanya.
My flight back home is on the 23.03.07.
Maybe see you in China!

Jürgen
Apr 1, 2007 16:21
  • SANYACHINA
The most cheap hotels here are 50 - 55 RMB.
Post a Reply to: Looking for a hotel in Sanya from 22.02.07
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code