Menu
Police registeration in nanjing
Jan 15, 2007 05:16
  • SODAGAR
Today police has called my hotel and ask them to ask me to register myself in police station, I don't understand it , i never heard about it in any travel forum . i am on three month business visa ,

Any idea why this is happing with me ? i am from pakistan , plz guide
Jan 15, 2007 18:49
  • APAULT
I guess that you have an 'F' business visa'. I think (but not certain) that the sponsor is required to register you and you then get a temporary residents permit in your passport. This is what happens with a Z visa (foreign expert). On the other hand, I had an 'F' visa without being registered in this way.... but then my employer had good 'guanxi' with the local police.

I would be interested in what others have to say re your enquiry and the F visa situation.
Jan 16, 2007 03:18
  • SODAGAR
No i have B visa , and i am on business trip here for just 25 days, really don't understand why they have called me . anyway today i went there , with my hotel owner , they siple write my details and told me that if i change my hotel then do let them know and gave me a piece of paper it said " registeration for temporary residence " now thats funny .
Jan 16, 2007 09:41
  • LIONPOWER
Hello Friend
You can write it to your local VISA issuing Embassy and can do it online. It’s the best way so far my knowledge.
Jan 17, 2007 14:00
  • AMITBAHL
Hi dear,
Dont worry.its a just a formality which they r doing becos there might b some strictness b4 chinese new year.I m from india and i hve come here for 2 months and i also hve gone for police registration.
Its just a small formality.Its better u take along any business friend and make all the formalities.
Its all ok.Dont worry.If u hve any problem just ask ur business friend and if u wanna talk in hindi mail me at hotmail.com|ncmpvtltd2007
Jan 17, 2007 21:05
  • APAULT
Such is the reality of life in China. We all just have to accept it! I would have expected the hotel registration to have been sufficient.... but each office does things their own way.
Post a Reply to: Police registeration in nanjing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code