Menu
kunming to Hekou
Jan 16, 2007 21:30
  • DACOTAH
I am confused. Is there a train from Kunming to Hekou on the Vietnamses border? China Travel Guide lists one # 5933 but several blogs say the rail line has not been repaired since a landslide.

Does anyone have the definitive answer?

Jan 17, 2007 03:32
  • YINMEI
Hi Dacotah,

You could only take the sleeping bus from Kunming to Hekou,of course,there is a rail from Kunming to Hekou which designed by a Franch engineer 100 years ago,but it is for goods carring only.I did this this trip at 2005 July,you could cross the border from Hekou to Laocai Vietnam and take the bus to Sapa,then get back to Laocai to catch the overnight train to Hanoi.

Cheers!
Oct 9, 2007 14:03
GUEST13482 dear friend, I want to go vietnam, hanoi from kunming. Please provide more information in kumming which bus station i need to go first to go Hekou? how long it will take and what is the bus fare in RMB?

From Hekou shoul I go Lao cai for the hanoi train and what is the fare by train?

mail me yahoo.com|ccanvas123
Oct 10, 2007 11:12
  • YINMEI
Hi Man,

Please go to Kunming Nanyao(南窑)long distance bus station where close to Kunming Railway Station to take a sleeping bus to Hekou. It takes about 10-12 hours( 468kilometers), the bus fare is about RMB83 each.

There are 2 times overnight train from Laocai to Hanoi. I took one of it 2 years ago, leaves about 21:30, arrives in Hanoi about 06:00, paid about $35 each for 4 berth soft sleeper.

BTY, you could take a shuttle bus for about 45 minutes from Laocai to Sapa to stay in there for couple of days, if you have time. Sapa is a very beautiful place.

Cheers!
Feb 3, 2008 04:26
  • SPOERLE
Why do it in a hurry? Go first to Geiju, there are many busses from Kunming. Stay the night and proceed to Hekou, there are also many busses.
For those wanting to go in the opposite direction:
Remember: All busses will return.
Spoerle
Post a Reply to: kunming to Hekou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code