Menu
3 Week in China..Help
Jan 24, 2007 09:53
  • JPATINO
Begining late August I will be going to Beijing & Shanghai for one week to work after which I will be traveling for two weeks until mid-Sept. I am not to huge on big cities but feel with my free time in both those areas would be plenty.

For the two weeks after that I would like to really see China obviously not even close :-) to all but enough to get a taste of the country. I don't mind taking a inter-country flight....the main idea is to maximize my time with the experience. Any suggestions.

Just some background....I love to travel have been to some 30+ countries. Prefer to travel light and be with the locals. Sights are fine, love natural beauty....In the end I want to feel as though I got to know the people, the essense of China.
Jan 24, 2007 16:24
  • GRIZ326
Lucky you...getting to travel on the company's $$$.

Explore this forum and the site itself for excellent information. However, it is challenging at first, to find sites of interest and put them into a reasonable travel path.

My only recommendation is that unless you are a hardcore sightseer, I'd recommend spending a little time in each of the places you visit to absorb the experience.

Good luck.
Jan 25, 2007 01:57
  • CALIFORNIA
And what do you want to know???
Jan 26, 2007 06:50
Tell me what you are interested in,then I can give you the answers.
Jan 26, 2007 08:22
  • GUIDERICK
Welcome to beijing!
I am a professional tour guide for more than three years in beijing.27
years old,English Speaking ,easygoing and enthusiastic.I also provide a good car
by a cheap price for you! It's very necessary for the great wall tour!
welcome to ask
any questions or information!!More details contact at:hotmail.com|guiderick
,call at:(0086)13681598259 Sorry for you if this massage is not useful to you!!
BEST REGARDS RICK
Feb 6, 2007 04:49
  • JEFFYANG
hi, why not try xi'an / the ancient capital of China?
andway, please ask me free if you any doubts for China or xi'an ,i will try my best to help you
best regards
Jeff
Feb 8, 2007 02:50
Hi,
I m an interpreter,guide,sourcing and trading assistant in Shanghai and East China.If you need my help here,please feel free to contact my by hotmail.com|angela-shanghai
Feb 10, 2007 08:58
  • JABAROOTOO
Hello J,
Can I suggest heading out to Xinjiang and doing the silk road for a taste of some of the Ethnic minorities, history and scenery. Or head south to Guizhou, perhaps begin in Guiyang/Kaili area and travel south to Guilin where you can see some terrific country and also experience the local life in a way that is not so easy in other parts of the country. There are several different minorities around these parts and they are very friendly and really interesting. Plenty of good reading in the travel reviews.

Hope you can make adecision, but it will be a difficult one, as you have stated, there is a lot to see and two weeks ain't long. But you can still get a good feel for rural life in that time and taste for more and come back again and again.

Cheers
J
Post a Reply to: 3 Week in China..Help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code