Menu
buying clothes
Jan 24, 2007 16:35
  • SMITHLY
Hi,

I am in England and am looking to open a clothes store. I am wanting to purchase stock from China. I hear that Shanghai is good. It is just a small store so am not sure that trade shows would suit my needs. What clothing markets could be good for buying wholesale, but in smaller numbers. Also what is the cost of buying clothes from markets in China?

Thanks,

Lydia
Jan 26, 2007 06:53
Will you come here to visit some shops first?
Feb 5, 2007 02:44
  • MIMIROSE
Hi I also am looking t omake a trip to China and buy womens clothing wholesale to resell in my boutique in Sydney Australia. Could you advise please were and how I could do this.
Feb 5, 2007 07:01
Hi Lydia,
There is a few clothes market in shanghai such as Qipu Road.Actually,there is another famous clothes market in Hangzhou city near Shanghai.You can buy small quantity with wholesale price there.
Anyway,it would be better that you come here to see it with your own eyes then you will get the idea of it.
If you need my help,please feelfree to contact with by hotmail.com|Angela-shanghai
Regards.
Feb 6, 2007 02:05
  • MIMIROSE
Thankyou. i will need someone to translate for me and bargain. do you know where I can find this service? Also I would like to buy in an area that does quality finished clothing that would suit my style for my boutique?
Feb 6, 2007 02:37
  • YUHAOROMAN
hi Mimirose.

Please note that not every chinese who can speak good english can assist you to bargain for a good price. I am often shocked by my girl friend when I go shopping with her and she cut a RMB100 clothes down to 10 or 20. and my girl friend was once shocked by my brother's wife, who open a small clothes store, that she buy the clothes at an unbelievable price which even my girl friend can not imagine.

you should find a person who:
1) know clothing. who can estimately calculate how much a clothes cost at the first glance. who even know the prevailing price of texitle. My brother's wife is the person, my girl friend is not. some one who do clothing trade domestically and internationally can give you a hand in that regard.
2) if you buy large quantity, who can arrange the shipping, customs clearance, etc for you.
3) who is reputable
4) who speak good english, that is the least important.

if you have more question, please put the question to http://www.chinawhy.net/asksteven.asp

Regards,
Steven
Feb 6, 2007 12:45
  • LIONPOWER
Better to attend coming Canton fair on April 07
Feb 6, 2007 16:35
  • ROGERINCA
Steven, I do not normally look at these types of posts. Also, I do not claim to know anything about the garment industry. However, I have a lot of common sense, and in reading your post with your comments and observations, I think you, too, have great common sense and business sense in this regard !! :) My perspective is that you have provided this person with some very sound advice and assistance !!!
Feb 6, 2007 19:26
  • YUHAOROMAN
hi, Rogerinca

Thank you for your nice comment. and a big welcome back. I just read your comeback post yesterday, it seems you are very popular here:)

Regards,
Stevem

Feb 8, 2007 02:48
Hi,
If you need my help for interpretation and bargain,you can contact me by email.I m an interpreter,guide,sourcing and trading assistant.I could also hire one car for your visit here and arrange shipment for you if you need.
Anyway,hope you can enjoy your China visit.
Angela
Post a Reply to: buying clothes
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code