Menu
Orphanages and monasteries...
Jan 26, 2007 22:33
  • CASSIE825
First, I have a question about orphanages. My students keep telling me there are orphanages all over the city of Chongqing, but no one seems to be able to tell me where they are. I have asked everyone I talk to! I would like to volunteer teaching English or playing with the children. I'd prefer that it be close to Nan'An, as that is where I am located, but as long as it inside the city proper, I'd be willing to travel. Does anyone have exact addresses for orphanges? Even better, can anyone tell me how to get from Nan Ping to one of these orphanages?

Second, I have been enjoying visiting the monastery Huayan below the Sha Ping Ba district, but last time I went, I went the roundabout way and it took ages. I would like to volunteer there as well, but I can't spend two and half hours getting there every time. Does anyone know a short cut from Nan Ping or Si Gong Li to the monastery? It would be a huge help. Chinese people keep telling me it's possible, but no one seems to have any idea what buses to take.

I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thanks so much!

Cassie
Jan 27, 2007 10:13
  • YINMEI
Hi Cassie,

The No.1 Orphanage Chongqing is located in Lijiatuo Banan district and not far away from Si Gong Li.
Please reach yahoo.com.cn|jimmy_yj88 for more info.

Cheers!
Jan 28, 2007 22:49
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Cassie,
It's very unlikely that you'll be given walk in access to any orphanages for a variety of reasons. It would be much better to have an introduction and may be the only way.

Having said that, try knocking on the door of the address you've been given. If you're British you could approach the British Council here in CQ and they should be able to give you introductions as well.

All the best
Post a Reply to: Orphanages and monasteries...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code