Menu
from Lake Lugu to Chengdu
Jan 31, 2007 08:22
  • MONGOL
hi everyone, I will be entering China from Laos, going to Kunming, if anyone has any good suggestions on how to do this most comfortably and cheap, it would be most appreciated. From Kunming, I will be visiting Lijiang and then taking a bus out to Lugu Lake, has anyone ever been? Is there a way to get to Chengdu from Lugu Lake, I do not want to backtrack and go back to Lijiang, instead, going on another route that will get me to Chengdu, as fast and cheap as possible. Thanks
Jan 31, 2007 09:25
  • YINMEI
Hi Mongol,

I think you could take the bus from Lake Lugu to Xichang at first,then transferring the train from Xichang to Chengdu.You know,lake Lugu is close to Xichang city Sichuan province,and i have taken the train from Xichang to Chengdu before.Please reach yahoo.com.cn|jimmy_yj88 for more info.

Good luck!
Feb 1, 2007 09:08
  • JABAROOTOO
But be warned that the trip from Lugu lake to Xichang via Yanyuan is around six hours and a little rugged from what I have heard. Not many bus per day either so make sure you know what is on offer well before you want to leave.
Sep 13, 2011 03:27
GUEST64326 Hi, I have the same question - how do I get from LUGU Lake to Chengdu?
Have the routes and travel conditions improved since the post above in 2007.
Sep 13, 2011 20:47
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST64326

Hi, I have the same question - how do I get from LUGU Lake to Chengdu?
Have the routes and travel conditions improved since the post above in 2007.

Lugu lake is so big. The travel way mentioned in the above post is the one from the part in Sichuan province to chengdu. If this is your travel way, you need to take the bus from Lugu lake to Xichang first and then take a train to chengdu. The road has been improved, but there is still a section of stony road.

If you'll travel from the part in Yunnan side to Chengdu, you need to take a bus from Lugu lake to Panzhihua ( then road condition is relatively better but it takes about 10 hours0, then take a train from Panzhihua to Changdu.
FYI: You may also travel between the Yunan side and Sichuan side of the lake. But the road condition is poor. Or you may travel by boat or horse between the two sides.
Sep 14, 2011 21:02
GUEST64326 is there a night bus from Lugu to Xichang? I can save a day by travelling at night
Sep 14, 2011 23:20
GUEST4416
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST64326

is there a night bus from Lugu to Xichang? I can save a day by travelling at night

Sorry, didn't find any night bus from Lugu to Xichang. There is only one bus from Lugu to Xichang. It departs at around 7 clock in the morning.
Post a Reply to: from Lake Lugu to Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code