Menu
What do we think of the changes
Feb 5, 2007 06:22
  • JABAROOTOO
It looks great so far although for some of us old school, it will take just a little getting used to but I like the fact that there are less clicks to achieve the same results and uploading reviews and I hope photos seems faster as well.

Keep up the good work team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 5, 2007 10:51
  • ROGERINCA
Yes, I agree, we become accustomed to a certain way of doing things…..‘creatures of habit’. So those of us who have been here awhile might need a couple of days to get used to the new format and ‘feel’ of our TCG, as well as how to navigate within the site. It was funny, I was looking at a post last night and all of a sudden the page just changed and I instantly saw this transformation before my eyes. I thought I had clicked a ‘tab’ or something incorrectly and I had screwed up the layout feature of the page. Then I realized what was occurring…..history in the making !!! LOL

Having said that, I think this transition for us will most likely happen quickly and I can already see many positives to the new look, feel, and layout !!!!

Some real quick observations: The organization of the topics into categories is a real plus; both for reading and for posting !! The other thing which is great, is the separate ‘Ad-Board’ section for the constant parade of people who come here only to try to ‘sell’ us stuff. This has always been an annoyance to me, to have the threads/posts ‘diluted’ by the constant stream of peddlers loading-up the front page of the forum with stuff that most of us [real] members of the Community, do not care about !!!

Next, I am not sure of the operation of the ‘fast reply’ box ?? It appears that the intent is that it can be used for a non-member guest, to leave a totally anonymous comment or observation, regarding a particular thread or posting ?? If this is the case, then it will have the positive aspect of not requiring membership for a passer-by just to make one point and be gone. However, it could be misused by those who are deranged and/or who want to just be obnoxious ?? But again, not sure yet as to what the grand plan is in this regard with the fast-reply button/box??

All in all, it appears the site has taken on a fresh, modern look to it, and also much better organized and more dynamic !! I am sure the staff at TCG has put a lot of work and effort into this project !! We must all be patient and understand that, as is with anything new, there will be some glitches and revisions, as we take if for our ‘test drive.’

Thank you TCG Staff for all of your ongoing efforts to make this a great environment/community for all of us who love and care about all things China !!!
Feb 5, 2007 19:34
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Thank you all for the participation and attention to our Community. We'd like to have your opinions and suggestions on this new forum. And we are looking forward to more topics and stories from you, our best friends!
Feb 5, 2007 20:18
  • CHYNAGYRL
i like the new look.
Feb 5, 2007 21:33
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,pls do more travelling:-)
Feb 7, 2007 23:49
  • ROGERINCA
Very fast now, getting accustomed to the new format !! :)
Post a Reply to: What do we think of the changes
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code