Menu
Your favourite Chinese movie or TV series?
Feb 5, 2007 20:51
  • CHYNAGYRL
Can you share with us your favourite Chinese movie or movies?

There are so many good Chinese films.

Also, do you have a favourite Chinese TV series? Particularly, I'm looking for a TV series about Tang Dynasty, Marco Polo, and silk road. Need some suggestions from those in the "know".
Feb 6, 2007 00:49
  • MAY001
Hi chynagyrl,
Recently there is a TV series onshow about Tang Dynasty. It's name is 贞观长歌. I like it!
Feb 7, 2007 01:03
  • ROGERINCA
I watched a really well made Chinese film at the theatre in the Tee Mall in Guangzhou, in mid December. I forget the name now, because it was all in Chinese; however, the story line was ancient China and the good guys were defending the city from the bad guys....the invaders from the north !!! I think maybe some of Cali's ancestors !! LOL

The story and the acting was quite good; and even though I could not understand all that was said, I followed along with the English subtitles. :)
Feb 7, 2007 01:14
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,there are many Manchurian TV series,of course I like them:-)

My ancestors are all great~~~~~~I pride that I'm a manchurian:-)
Feb 7, 2007 03:12
  • MENG
Dear friend,
There are lots of films and TV series about Tang Dyansty, but a little on Marco Polo. 大明宫词is my favorite although some parts of this TV series are not the real history. If luck, you'd better to find some films and series which were shot some years ago since they are more believable.
Feb 7, 2007 03:14
Too many Manchurian TVs nowadays~~~~~ A little fed up with their long plaits. Sorry, Cali :)
Feb 7, 2007 21:28
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,it doesn't matter,Bethany:-)

I think,Qing is the last dynasty,and near to us,so it's easy to find their story from old books!
Post a Reply to: Your favourite Chinese movie or TV series?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code