Menu
Chinese Calendar
Feb 7, 2007 03:55
  • ELLEN77
Dear all, this is the first time for me to deliver comments in the TCG forum, but I have many words in a forum of another tourist website www.tibettrip.com. Want to know the most frequent topic about Tibet now?
Tibetan New Year is a hot one. Maybe you know more about Chinese Lunar New Year, just by coincidence, the two festivals meet at the same day this year. That is why Tibet is even noisier than before.
Acturally, Tibetans have their calendar to caculate days and years. and between the Tibetan New Year and Chinese Lunar New Year, there are rules to follow. To be simple, the first year they are the same day, the second year they are detached by one day, and the third year one month, then the fourth year the same again. Isn't it interesting?
Feb 11, 2007 20:08
  • ELLEN77
Seemed that few people enjoy Tibet!? :(
Feb 12, 2007 01:14
  • COLLINS
Hello, Ellen
Tibet is such a mysterious land that I am interested. The highland, deep blue sky, drifting clouds above, Tibet people and their religion, and much much more...

Could you please tell me more about the Tibet New Year? and how Tibet people celeberate this festival?
Feb 12, 2007 19:40
  • ELLEN77
In the Tibetan New Year, the Tibetans would dressed anew and hold many clorful activities together, like singing, dancing, Tibetan Opera, every of them are very distinctive. I know that in the CCTV NEW YEAR PARTY held at the eve of this year, a kind of Tibetan dance called 'Dance of Highland' will be performed, very enchanting.

And there are many festivals during the new year, like Great Prayer Festival, when many cultured lamas of Lhasa would congregate in the Jokhang Temple to debate sutras; Butter Lamp Festival, when many beautiful butter sculpture lamps would be displayed before the Barkhor Street; the Buddha parading, and Ghost exorcising festival, when the great religious chamdo dance would be performed...
Feb 13, 2007 00:02
  • COLLINS
It sounds interesting :-)

Thanks for your answer!
Feb 13, 2007 18:38
  • ELLEN77
Not at all, it's always my pleasure to tell Tibet, such a mysterious and pure land.
Post a Reply to: Chinese Calendar
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code