Menu
Valentine's Day is coming next Wednesday!
Feb 9, 2007 03:48
  • HEIDI
'Wall I Knee' , Just say it, you will learn how to say 'I Love You' in Chinese. Haha, this is taught by my niversity teachers. Isn't he clever?
Feb 9, 2007 03:49
  • SENORITA
Hi, Roger,

I really like your idea of teaching 'Romance'! Being an Englsih major, I had emerged into kind of the Western culture for so long a time that some of the idea and thoughts are not so 'Chinese' you kown, somewhat influenced.

I agree that the way of YOUR expression of love is good. (may be it is me that changed :)), Some times the impulse of to hug a Long-time-no-see friend met by a reserved smile was really disappointed me.

It is really a fantastic idea. I like it. :))))
Feb 9, 2007 05:56
  • YEMMIE
Hi Heidi,

In the West, women don't really give men gifts for Valentines Day, at least not very much. Men give their wives and girlfriends chocolate candy, flowers (especially roses), jewelry, and in some cases, intimate apparel. In all cases, they are trying to show how important their women are to them (how much they love them) and how beautiful and desirable they find them.
Feb 9, 2007 06:03
  • YEMMIE
I need to add one more thing. I think that maybe it is true in both the East and West that women forget that men can enjoy being romanced too, though most would never tell you so. I know I say I love you every day to my Chinese fiancee (usually more than once), but she only says it to me occasionally. And she always looks so shy when she says it. But when she does say it, it means so much to me. On the other hand, she has no trouble writing it to me. I know she loves me, she just can't say it easily, but her tone of voice, her smile, and the little things she does every now and then say it without saying it.
Feb 9, 2007 08:44
  • APAULT
Another custom that has not been mentioned is that you send an unsigned valentine card to someone you are fond of.... or you may write something that provides a clue to who you are. Typically the receiver will try to find out who sent the card (s). It can be a good ice breaker or you can just treat it as a bit of fun.
Feb 11, 2007 21:19
  • HEIDI
Hi Yemmie,

Thank you for your information. Happy to learn you and your fiancee love so much with each other. Yes, love is not only expressed by words but also through every little thing he/she does for her/him. Whishing you and your fiancee happy every day and spend a wonderful Valentine’s Day.

Hi apault,

I’ve never heard the way you said. It seems interesting to do so. Is it popular in Australia? And is it popular among people who has no girlfriend or boyfriend?
Feb 12, 2007 20:13
  • GURTY
It will be another ordinary day. Work will be on. My god, I have spent all the holidays alone in the past year. Valentine’s Day, the first festival in he year 2007, is doomed to be a lonely day.
Feb 13, 2007 01:30
  • HEIDI
Come on Gurty, some boy may call you tomorrow. Be a optimist not a pessimist! Come on!
Feb 13, 2007 18:50
  • HEIDI
Ha, today is Valentine's Day, wish all of you spend a sweet day.
Happy Valentine's Day to all!
Feb 13, 2007 19:31
  • CONNY129
Happy Valentine's Day ^_^

Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Valentine's Day is coming next Wednesday!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code