Menu
Fines for 'offensive' behaviour
Feb 9, 2007 01:35
  • JABAROOTOO
CCTV news anounced this week that Beijing would begin fining residence (and visitors I guess) for offensive behaviour on the street.

This includes littering, spitting and pushing in bus/train queues...........

More cleaning up for the Olympics but trust it will be good for eveyone.

Feb 9, 2007 08:48
  • APAULT
That is a big task!
Feb 10, 2007 18:17
  • GRACE28
good idea, hehe. especially in big shops lines that is for to pay and go out,,almost everyday i could see a fight in the line....also in airport's lines, i and my friends often meet such story when in international airports in line to change flight if there arrive a flight from china then most of them will stand not in the end of line but between, hehe ^_^
Feb 11, 2007 20:51
  • HEIDI
Yes, to welcome the Olympic Games, Beijing has changed a lot. Beijing has set the 11th day of each month as ‘Queuing Day’ to let people queue up for the bus conscientiously. And also for those who spits will be fined 50 Yuan (6.45 dollars).

Yesterday is the first Queuing Day, from TV I’m so happy to see many residents in Beijing queuing in straight lines while waiting the bus. It seems that by queuing up, people get on the bus more easily and quickly than by pushing way. Isn’t it?

Like what apault said, it is really a big task to reduce the situation. While I believe the fighting scenes that Grace has encountered will disappear gradually. Believing Olympic Games will change Beijing and Beijing also will make the Olympic Games changed.

Mar 1, 2007 19:11
  • PEA28COCK
Absolutely, I support this great task. All we Chinese should work hard to present a new and vigorous China to the world in 2008.

Here I want to mention one thing I have experienced in Beijing. When I climbed the Mutianyu Great Wall, I found that there were a great many English names writing or rather carving on the wall. This is immoral. Great Wall is the weath of all the people in the world, not only Chinese's, right?
Mar 1, 2007 22:07
  • HEIDI
Yes, Great Wall is the weath of all the people in the world, not only Chinese's.

We should give severe punishment to those who tries to damage the Gread Wall.
Mar 4, 2007 22:15
  • SERENA07
A statistics showed that some obstinate "offensive" behaviour of Chinese could be changed. To welcome the Olympics, many things have been done by Chinese people to improve their personal makings. Fine on spitting is highly effective. The ratio of spitting on streets dropped from 8.4% of 2005 to 4.9% of 2006.

I believe, although difficult, the Chinese people will do their best to change their bad habits to show the world a perfct Olympics.
Mar 26, 2007 12:20
  • SANYACHINA
At least we are happy that there are not some hooligan groups as in Europe, Russia and USA. No skinheads. No weapons. China is so safe.
Mar 26, 2007 12:31
  • SANYACHINA
"Here I want to mention one thing I have experienced in Beijing. When I climbed the Mutianyu Great Wall, I found that there were a great many English names writing or rather carving on the wall. This is immoral. Great Wall is the weath of all the people in the world, not only Chinese's, right?"

Wow, you have no idea what are they doing in their countries. Some of you guys think that all of the foreigners are very nice. Just have a look...

Mar 26, 2007 21:51
  • ELLEN77
I'm sorry to hear that, that kind of behavior is really unpolite. Perhaps the media can do something about it.
Post a Reply to: Fines for 'offensive' behaviour
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code