Menu
Learning Chinese by English Phonetic Symbols
Feb 9, 2007 03:36
  • GURTY
Chinese is said to be the most difficult language in the world. Is that so?
Why not try learning everyday Chinese in English symbols? In this way, it becomes easier.
--How are you?
--/ni:/ /hau/

Feb 11, 2007 20:50
  • GURTY
Not all Chinese words have its similar phonetic English symbols. As language is created for communication, it might be better to make ourselves clear by oral Chinese rather than only by body language. In case that you have an approaching outing in China, try learning Chinese in this way is a passable choice. Anyone who can say a little Chinese is welcome to share your experience in learning Chinese. Helping others is of great happiness.
Feb 14, 2007 19:02
  • JIMMYB
I think the best way to learn a foreign language is to live in the country. LOL
Feb 15, 2007 11:05
  • LINZ
This would be a lot like the pinyin system correct? And you are right it does make it so much easier. I was recently working on developing a software to teach essential Mandarin (Fluenz). We decided it was easiest to start by relating basic Chinese grammar and syntax to that of English, learning the few words and structures that let you communicate the most in the least amount of time, and learning in a way that allows you to internalize the material to avoid quickly forgetting what you just heard. The software utilizes pinyin and tones extensively and allows you to learn Chinese much easier and faster.
Feb 21, 2007 02:41
  • RENOLDAD
Well it all depends on how interested you are & how fast you learn,I was in Beijing last year from Feb 18th to Aug 23rd.
I learnt more words & how to use them in sentances & that was when I realised it was never difficult,I just heared the way they speak & I made my decision that it was very hard to learn Chinese..

Learning Chinese in Chinese is the best method i can ever sak for more than that & that's where the fun of learning begins,the minute it becomes fun the eager you get to learn,the eager you are the more easire it gets for you to learn Chinese..

All I'm trying to say is that the is a solution to every thing depending on how you look things,just as long as you learn it in it's origin...

Yours trully:Ree
Feb 28, 2007 12:38
  • LIONPOWER
Hi gurty,
Have you seen my post -- Learning Chinese
Mar 6, 2007 19:12
  • GURTY
Hi Sharif,
I have seen and read your post om learning Chinese.
Also has my post sent.
Post a Reply to: Learning Chinese by English Phonetic Symbols
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code