Menu
Indian ecnomy will surpass China?
Dec 21, 2008 03:03
GUEST47169 i believe, that america, could, seriously, with it's knowledge, and experience, and yes, even pride, could, once again. if we choose to, become one of the world leaders in quality merchandise exportation.
Feb 21, 2009 13:47
GUESTARTHUR (1) I don't aggree with a seemingly prevailing presumption that India started later than China. It should be said the other way around. If we start to count from 1950, China was, for the most part of its 1st 30 years, isolated by both the West and Warsaw Pact group. She was also under the cloud of probable wars with either Soview Union or USA, hence put a huge amount of effort and resource in the preparation for a war; India was under mostly a friendly international environment, except for the strained relationship with Pakistan which is a much smaller country than its own.
(2) I behan to hear the prediction around 2000 that India was to surpass China. But over the last 9 years or so, I only observed the trend goin in the opposite direction, China's lead over India has not been shrunk, but expand, not little, but exponentially.
Mar 2, 2009 02:54
GUEST33184 India is a badly fractured society, divided in so many ways and only really united by common poverty. When you start to move Indian society with development, it is like the movement of a previously quiescent but fractured landscape, in short - massive earthquakes.

India is not the first large and populous country to grasp this nettle, China and Russia have been down this road last century. Both began as largely feudal, mediaeval states that were eager to enter the modern world. Both China and Russia began as traditional Empires which were then rapidly overthrown and replaced by Representative Republics. These Republics proved totally unable to contain the stresses and schisms of development and themselves succumbed to Revolution and Civil War which produced Totalitarian governments that were able to enforce its will sufficiently to purge outmoded notions and to lay the foundations for real modernisation and development.

India has never been forced to confront itself in this manner and retains many social and cultural characteristics that are the antithesis of development and which will never allow the psychology required for the modernism to take hold and flourish. Making these changes are some of the hardest and most deep seated problems any nation will ever encounter, but India will undertake to tackle them with a form of Government that is always unable to take the really hard decisions and enforce policy.
Aug 22, 2011 12:28
GUEST04102 short term: china, near long term india. coz in a democracy things boils ups and takes time to change. but once change happens thats permanent.its happens right from foundation to top. India is one such democracy.

moreover u cannot force people to do whatever u want forever. but in democracy things happen by needs of people.
Aug 26, 2011 09:29
GUEST19140 India will pass China in population very soon.
But as an economic power, I just don't see how they can pass China anytime soon. They are entirely two different countries, with different social, economic, political, agricultural structures.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Indian ecnomy will surpass China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code