Menu
Work in Changchun
Feb 9, 2007 04:53
  • INDRACOBURG
Hello friends,

I am Indonesian about to come to Changchun next month for working.
So far I have heard that the weather will be really extreme cold during winter and extreme hot during summer. I am excited and worried in the same time, but let see what will happen then.

I have several question, as up to now it is quite difficult to find information about Changchun. Can I expect something fun right there? And how much is it going to cost to live ?

Cheers..
Indra
Feb 10, 2007 05:59
  • ELLYSE
I was recently (end Jan 2007) in Changchun for about 1 day. Apart from the Manchukuo Palace and a couple of restaurants, we didn't really see much. However, I think the city is rather boring at night, we were trying to find something nice to eat at 9+ pm and couldn't really find anywhere other than KFC -- and they didn't even have ice for the soft drinks!
Feb 10, 2007 23:39
  • LEMONCACTUS
I really like the city of Changchun, though I've only spent a few days travelling there. There are lots of trees and parks and I think the city is clean and modern compared with others in the NE. Underrated. There's a great mixture of restaurants and cafes, Western and Chinese. I didn't check out the nightlife.

In the winter it does get cold, invest in one of the feather filled coats here and you'll be fine. Summers are pretty warm but nothing compared with the south of China!

Hope you have a great time there!
Feb 11, 2007 06:12
  • INDRACOBURG
Thank you for the reply. Hopes could hear other friends who have been stay for a long period in Changchun. If everything's fine, I plan to stay around 2 years there.

Any information regarding Changchun, are very much welcome.. :)
Sep 5, 2011 04:13
GUEST88127 Oh, the weather is awful - extremely cold at winter, hot in summer, air hard to breathe and most of the time its cloudy, even gloomy. The so-called clubs are not really good - they're mostly "bars" with fake drinks mostly like water, lot of drunk chinese men who try to chase girls foreigners ...(
Post a Reply to: Work in Changchun
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code