Menu
Tutor for English For Second Language needs a Job in Guangzhou
Feb 11, 2007 02:25
  • BLUEYANKEE44
I need a Teaching Job in Guangzhou,and many have offered,to help.Then it
ends.The PassPort says if we have a Job in another nation,without U.S.sanction,we can chance losing our citizenship.My new wife wants to remain here until she retires in five years.I need extra money,and am now
receiving benefits,for injuries.(this too may stop,if I work.)My wife is Chines
e and we are newly married.There is a lot of friction between us,as I do not
work,and her hours of working are exaggerated,to the extreme,and I am left alone every day and evening,into the next morning at times.She works
12 to 18 hours a day at times,7 days a week.I have little to keep me occup
ied,and I do not speak Chinese,and no one to talk to until she is home.Sh
e speaks limited English,and is learning more as the weeks pass. Any advice,where I can seek a reasonable Teaching Job. Thanks
Feb 11, 2007 09:13
  • APAULT
Provided you have a degree or Tesol qualification you should not have any trouble getting a teaching job in Gz. Here are some websites who list jobs.

Angelina’s café www.anesl.com
Total Esl www.totalesl.com/job.php
Teaching Resources www.teachabroad.com/China.cfm
Daves ESL Cafe www.eslcafe.com
Transitions Abroad www.transitionsabroad.com
TEFL www.tefl.com
Abroad China www.abroadchina.org
English Job Maze www.englishjobmaze.com
Teach in China www.cnwave.com/index.asp?lang=english
ESL Connexions www.foreign-teacher.com/english/index.asp
Feb 12, 2007 02:44
  • BLUEYANKEE44
I have none of those. I am a Conversational Tutor,with Basic and other skills,as a free-lance tutor.I am told,I can
make a good living in private colleges,or schools.or private
tutor.My wife changed her mind and now wishes to return
with me,once we get her Visa,requirements.My wifes friends are mostly all teachers,and they say,when the next
semester begins,I will find it easier,finding work.In the mea
n while,I need something to do. Thanks
Feb 14, 2007 00:32
  • ROGERINCA
Hello, I will reply at this time to one of your comments in your post………“The Passport says if we have a Job in another nation, without U.S. sanction, we can chance losing our citizenship”……..

I am sorry, but your [interpretation] of the terms/conditions laid out in our U.S. Passport is not correct.

Pages 4 and 5 of the U.S. Passport speak to what [may] lead to loss of your U.S. Citizenship. I think the key phrase herein is “…..and with the [intention] to relinquish U.S. Citizenship……“ This in concert with the act of “……accepting employment with a foreign [government]……..” Again, the key words are ‘intent’ and ‘government‘.

Therefore, for you, as it is for millions of other American citizens, who reside overseas/abroad, and many of which, also have gainful employment in those foreign lands, you will not be in danger of losing your citizenship !!!

Next, as you mentioned in your post, if you plan on returning to the U.S. with your Chinese wife, I suggest you acquaint yourself with the myriad of rules for the Spousal Immigration Visa, and the requirements for a domicile in the U.S. as well as the requirement to meet minimum standards/levels of support for your spouse. This spousal visa process can be difficult, somewhat expensive with filing fees and potential legal advice, as well as very time consuming. Furthermore, while we as American Citizens have the right to marry a foreign national; we do not, however, have a right to their unconditional immigration to the U.S.

I am providing this information not only for you, but also for the many others who read these posts; some of whom, my be left with a wrong impression of what the facts are with respect to these issues.

Best wishes to you in your endeavors !!!
Jan 21, 2008 03:10
GUESTMARDY Hi! My nama is Mardy Yu Carnecer and seriously speaking I am looking for an ESL jobs here in China. I've been here for almost 7 months and still unfortunate in finding jobs..I'm a good person (for what I know) and a workaholic one......I'm an English Teacher for almost 5 years in my country which is The Philippines! I came here to, of course, try my luck! So, everybody! I need help! Don't worry I wont disappoint you! and that's a promise! here is my mobile # 15918613346.........Thank so much in advance! More power!
Jan 22, 2008 00:26
  • JINGJING
hi,my freind,i am jingjing,do u still rember me?we sent mail to each other two years before when i was a student.

during that two years ,i didn't login in this website,now i already graduated for half an year.A few days ago ,i feel life is so boring,i want to tavel again,then i login in this website again.luckily i still remeber my ID name and password.

now i'm working in Shenzhen ,a city near guanzhou.i read your msg,i think u need to get more freinds.haha.u can learn chinese well in fact.i meet many foreigners from middle east ,most of them can speak fluent Mandarin,so u can do even better.now i am doing tading business.my phone no is 13510937362.u will get used to life in guangzhou.take care

hope y can enjoy everyday!
Jan 24, 2008 18:36
  • APAULT
Guestmardy. It is often hard for non native speakers to get jobs teaching English, even though I know some countries like the Filipines have good English speakers. Try the private language centres and kindergardens. You should find a job in Gz.
Mar 5, 2008 01:06
GUEST13137 hi, im a filipina and am married to a canadian and we are presently working here in china. My husband is planning to go back home after a year to canada. so, where can we apply my visa and my son? pls do help. thanks guys.
Jul 22, 2008 23:15
GUEST01157 HI,GUYS,I AM CHINESE LIVING IN GUANGZHOU,MY MAJOR IS BUSINESS ENGLISH.NOW I AM A WORKER IN A BUSINESS COMPANY.I HAVE BEEN A TUTOR IN TEACHING FOREIGN PEOPLE CHINESE AS BEFORE.NOW ,I WANT TO BE A CHINESE TUTOR A JOB IN WEEKEND .IF YOU KNOW CHINESE ,YOU WILL FIND YOUR LIKF VERY COMFORTABLE.THANKS.
CONTACT WITH ME BY MOBILE:15989014174
MY NAME IS LUISA.THANKS.
Post a Reply to: Tutor for English For Second Language needs a Job in Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code