Menu
What is your favorite city of China?
Feb 13, 2007 01:10
  • MELODYCHOW
Hi, Roger,

I find that wherever your posts are, there must be something to eat in it, Aha........you'are so interesting, humorous and romantic.......LOL :))
Feb 13, 2007 19:11
  • ELLEN77
Hi Roger, as for your considering, I think Guangzhou is a good idea, it is called 'Home of Fruits', Litchi, banana, pawpaw and pineapple are the four most famous fruits of the south. There are also other varieties. You can enough of them. Hainan is also productive in bananas, you can enjoy the tropical sunshine there. :)
Feb 13, 2007 23:37
  • ROGERINCA
Yes, you are so perceptive Melody !! Thank you for your kind comments !!

Food is a universal language, and even more so in cuisine rich China !!! It is fun to talk about food and sharing our mutual joy in this regard. Just look at Conny’s potato cake thread !!! :)

I think most of us try very hard to be interesting, and humorous within this forum. I will leave the perception of how romantic one may be, to the discretion of you women !! LOL

Seriously, I think it all has to do with finding a level of [comfort] and [harmony] with each other here at TCG. I think this is the best formula for most of us who interact here !!?? The elimination/rejection of tension, negativity, and divisiveness, is the best way to achieve this.

Feb 13, 2007 23:44
  • ROGERINCA
And yes to you too, Ellen !!

I would love to visit Hainan Is. someday soon !! Each of those fruits you mentioned are at the top of my list of good things to eat !!

Moreover, I will take warm and tropical, over cold and snowy/icy, any day !!!!!

I think one will live a longer and a more healthful life, in a warm, sunny, climate of soft breezes, than in the harsh far northern latitudes, of cold hard winds.
Feb 20, 2007 08:13
  • CALIFORNIA
For me,I don't like Guangzhou,only because my cellphone was stolen in there:-(
Feb 24, 2007 10:52
  • LIONPOWER
Shenzhen is my favorite city
Feb 24, 2007 20:16
  • ELLEN77
I'm sorry to hear that, Cali. that things may happen in any city in China, I think, since China is such a large country. 'There maybe all kinds of birds in a big grove'. Guangzhou has frequent floating population, that things may easy to happen. Take care then.
Feb 24, 2007 20:19
  • ELLEN77
I also have many friends who think high of Shenzhen. for the good environement, open situation,.. maybe. What are your considering aspects then, Lionpower? I'm curious. :)
But I know that the house price is very high, may not easy to stay, I think.
Feb 25, 2007 22:09
  • LIONPOWER
Law & order good for the foreigner in Shenzhen. House rent not too high with respect to business. Now a day we are feeling to stay better than Hong Kong.
Feb 27, 2007 03:16
  • ELLEN77
I have read about Zhangjiajie these days, it is sooo wonderful! I'll plan a trip there if possible.
Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is your favorite city of China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code