Menu
entry to zhuhai
Feb 12, 2007 08:21
  • PYTHAG
i understand zhuhai is a border post for entry to china.
if i catch the ferry from hong kong to zhuhai, can I wander round zhuhai without a visa(i will have arriveed in HK without onef rom uk since none is required)... in otherwords is half of zhuhai in china and the other half (port side) without

thank you

pythag
Feb 12, 2007 23:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Hello,
Yes Zhuhai is a port of entry for China and as such you are required to have a valid visa for Mainland China. You can see the Mainland from Macau but you cannot enter without valid papers and thw same is true of HK.

You can of course apply for a visa while in HK they offer same day service but overnight is the usual procedure. All the best
Feb 13, 2007 03:34
  • RSANCHEZ
You can enter China (mainland) from HongKong, going to Shenzhen or Zhuhai. Usually people before entering via Zhuhai, spend a day or two in Macau. From Macau you can see the city of Zhuhai because the two are very close, but you can't visit unless you have the visa for the mainland.

I understand you can get one in Macau, but most of the people apply for it in HongKong using a travel agency. There you can have the visa in 1 day (if you give your passport at 8 am you will have your visa in the afternoon). The "normal" visa 1 entry / 30 days cost about HK$150, however UK, US and other countries citizens need to pay an additional fee. For the UK the price of a "normal" visa is HK$450. Usually you need to pay an additional fee to the travel agent of around HK$50-100.

Good Luck!
Feb 13, 2007 03:38
  • ELLYSE
Simple answer: no.
Post a Reply to: entry to zhuhai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code